Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

ASHLEY'S IN NO HURRY TO GET A MAN AT THE HELM

Newcastle United clearly did not expect to lose Alan Pardew so suddenly. Nevertheless, the delay in moving for Remi Garde, Bruno Labbadia or any other suitable replacement is puzzling.

A new manager might want to fashion his own squad, and there is a limited opportunity to do that in the January transfer window. As the days are crossed off there will be less room to manoeuvre. It is almost as if Newcastle owner Mike Ashley prefers it this way.

As for caretaker manager John Carver, he claims to have received an endorsement of his credentials from Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho after Saturday’s defeat.

Carver has already said he has Sir Bobby Robson watching over him, and now Mourinho makes his case on earth. They would make a powerful team of advocates. Even so, it might be worth winning the odd game to be on the safe side.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2908718/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi-snubbed-Roy-Hodgson-Javier-Mascherano.html#ixzz3OmRViKCp

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Apparently the club are off to Dubai for warm weather training, a week on Saturday. Trip was booked two weeks BEFORE Xmas - according to Radio Newcastle.

No intention of winning the FA Cup game, which we knew already. :(

Exact same thing happened last year. As you say it speaks volumes.

“It was scheduled in to give us a lift for the fourth round of the FA Cup.

“We used to do something similar when I was at Crystal Palace, and it was already booked before we lost to Cardiff - the fans need to know that. We all thought we’d still be in the cup and coming back to a cup game so it’s a big disappointment in our season.”

I'm watching the super rich and us on catch up and these people are classed as super rich if they have £250 million, to think that Ashley has 16 times that and he won't pay a few hundred thousand to pay carver and co off means this bloke is the tightest man in history, what can he do with all that cash ? and who is he trying to impress ?

I'm watching the super rich and us on catch up and these people are classed as super rich if they have £250 million, to think that Ashley has 16 times that and he won't pay a few hundred thousand to pay carver and co off means this bloke is the tightest man in history, what can he do with all that cash ? and who is he trying to impress ?

The thing is he's not tight at all, he just hates the fans.

@LukeEdwardsTele: Said Ashley wanted control of Rangers in Sept. Said #nufc & Rangers couldn't play in Europe together. Said Ashley would sell #nufc...

If only, my guts says there is something in this whole Rangers/Ashley ownership battle.

Guest Roger Kint

Edwards is such a prick, if he was so good why doesnt he tell us who is going to buy the club. Seeing as its kinda vital to his pointless tweet. He is just repeating things that will all happen eventually as though hes some oracle

Security over Ibrox?

I predicted a couple months ago he might try to liquidate Rangers, move Newcastle to Glasgow, rename us Rangers and effectively have Rangers playing in the PL using Newcastle's licence.

Worryingly this is one step closer.

Security over Ibrox?

I predicted a couple months ago he might try to liquidate Rangers, move Newcastle to Glasgow, rename us Rangers and effectively have Rangers playing in the PL using Newcastle's licence.

http://i.imgur.com/a26rdkc.jpg

Security over Ibrox?

Take it you read the mag the other day :lol:

Never heard so much shite in all my life.

He knows they won't be able to pay him back. This is a 'loan to own' investment. Once Rangers fail to repay him, he has the physical assets required to run a football club. As he has security there is no need to force administration to take control of the assets, he simply sets the enforcement process in motion regardless of the state of play of any other debts within the business.

Then when the football club runs out of cash for the Nth time and the sale (or admin) processes begin, he makes his token bid for the club. No-one else will bother bidding, as he has no intention of letting any other bidder use his stadium or his training ground, so he can be the only show in town. Even if he can't buy the current club, he is the most likely candidate to set up Rangers 3 and begin again back in the third division.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the 8 year deals handed out to Carver and Stone et al, were tied to Pardew's contract anyway and there is a clause in there that releases the cub from any financial obligation should Pardew leave on his own free will. If they have to pay out anything it will be peanuts. Like you say it should be nothing to a man of Ashley's means.

Security over Ibrox?

:lol: :lol:

But also, I'd be absolutely fine with this plan.

FC Newcastle it is.

Yes it is a conspiracy theory, but it is not impossible.

MK Dons, Swansea, Cardiff set the precedent.

If there is something I've missed please point it out. Otherwise it can't be ruled out. In fact it fits very well with Ashley's history of buying a brand then eventually taking it off the market.

So unless proven impossible can't be ruled out that he can do that.

All for the cost of Cabaye.

He knows they won't be able to pay him back. This is a 'loan to own' investment. Once Rangers fail to repay him, he has the physical assets required to run a football club. As he has security there is no need to force administration to take control of the assets, he simply sets the enforcement process in motion regardless of the state of play of any other debts within the business.

Then when the football club runs out of cash for the Nth time and the sale (or admin) processes begin, he makes his token bid for the club. No-one else will bother bidding, as he has no intention of letting any other bidder use his stadium or his training ground, so he can be the only show in town. Even if he can't buy the current club, he is the most likely candidate to set up Rangers 3 and begin again back in the third division.

This is not outside the reals of possibility if you ask me, the good news being he might well get killed by a Rangers fan.