Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Presumably he'll sell once he decides he's not making money from it/not worth the hassle and then gets an offer close to what he wants? He's been here 10 years, he must be doing quite well out of us otherwise surely he'd have made greater efforts to sell a long time ago.

£350m with debt wiped is a fair price. He'll still make a lot of money and its all his rather than tied up in shares etc...Nice return on a 10 year gamble where he bluffed most of it and could have ended up like Sunderland are now.

Is it assumed in most circles that the £400m/£380m includes the debt? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, I just don't see it with Ashley. Particularly as he likes to make it plainly obvious how he got 'stung' by debt when he bought the club I bet the vindictive wank would love to do the same to someone else.

Only £30m more eexpensive than buying Neymar and Mbappe

Well when you put it like that.. no, still a rip off.

Half of Everton went for £200m last year; maybe the £400m in itself isn't that bad an asking price. But surely any potential buyer would run as soon as they see the loan he'd instantly want paid back on top of it. And I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to add bullshit sponsorship and merchandise clauses that benefit no one but Sports Direct as a parting shot. Insufferable c***.

That's exactly what he'll try and do, which is why it's likely no one will end up buying us.  Any potential buyer will probably have their own companies or links to companies that will they want to advertise so there's no way they'd have Shit Direct clogging up all the prime advertising space.

Looking at the potential of the club and with a world class manager here already in Rafa, surely we'd be a good choice, no?

Especially when you look at how much money is involved in the PL.

We're a good choice but who makes money from owning a Premiership club? The income may have gone up but so have all the transfer fees. It costs a lot more to compete and stay in the Premiership than it did when Ashley bought the club. If any buyer purchases NUFC with the aim to make money we're in trouble. It needs to be a billionaire's prestige boosting ego purchase (like Chelsea) or a promotional purchase for a state run investment vehicle (like PSG and Man City).

I thought Ashley was wanting £450m so £380m is an improvement.

If there was any truth to the takeover story in the summer, NDA's would have been signed at the very beginning. These things take months to work out.

It was never going to be the case that someone would come in and buy the club over space of a few days/weeks like the way Ashley did, that was something out of Wolf of Wall St looking back.

He'll hoy a big 'CLOSING DOWN SALE, EVERYTHING MUST GO' banner on it and leave it there for four years.

£20m isn't much really but at least it's a sign he might be getting serious about pissing off.  I wonder if this is due to some feedback on the price from some interest in the summer.  If someone's come in with an interest and told him he's a greedy fat cunt and they're not paying £400m it might have given him pause for thought.

More likely he's been stung by the criticism he's not seriously wanting to sell otherwise he'd drop the price. That criticism still holds though as he needs to offer it at a price which will make it an attractive buy and a 5% discount is probably deliberately small so he can keep the club while looking like he's trying to sell it.

I'm afraid I'm at the stage now where I just take any takeover talk with a pinch of salt. It's wishful thinking but until it's actually happening it just looks like excuses to me for the Fat Turd not to let Rafa spend on new players in each transfer window.

380m for a Premier League club with a big(ish)stadium, a world class manager, no debt, and a large, loyal fan base is not a bad price. There is still growth coming in the TV rights, especially internationally.

Are NUFC as a company not in debt to Ashley? Thats the way I thought it was. I wonder if the price would include the debt too.