Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

Slightly bevied Liverpool fan here, always had a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle. Great start to the season, what do you think has been the biggest improvmnt? I know a few who were writing Pardew off but it looks looks like he's built a good team spirit.

This and... Fixtures have fell quite kindly...and a little luck dare i say... Which you always need in football...

Slightly bevied Liverpool fan here, always had a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle. Great start to the season, what do you think has been the biggest improvmnt? I know a few who were writing Pardew off but it looks looks like he's built a good team spirit.

Nice to hear mate but afriad to say that love isn't exactly reciprocal on here.

"wolves deserved a point"

Fuk off man, wolves dont even deserve to live.

Hate them as much as the next man does but I'd have to say today they didn't play anything like I've come to expect with regards to horror show tackles and persistent fouling. 

Guest bimpy474

Simpson letting his man come inside yet again. The lad's f***ing terrible.

Tbf to him he made a brilliant headed clearance to stop a almost certain goal in the second half, didn't show it on MOTD, i thought he got caught too far forward in the second half, needed to see the whole game to notice it but it happened a few times, badly out of position when we were under pressure.

Guest bimpy474

It's unaccptable, man. It's the most basic mistake a full-back can make and he's done it several times, costing us goals on more than 4 occasions.

Yep to keep making the same error over again is very Bramble-ish, he has to sort that out but it looks like he is a Pardew favourite.

Definitely a penalty, but it's nowhere near as clear-cut a decision as they've made out on the various forms of media.

That makes no sense  :mike:

What I meant was that it was definitely inside the area on second viewing with replays from different angles etc and therefore a penalty. But in real time (and I imagine from the ref's position) it wasn't quite so obvious, and much closer to the line than some were making out.

At half time (nearly 1 am local time), I was faced with the decision of going to bed with us sitting pretty on a 2-0 or staying up another hour and seeing the game out. Having read 17 pages of post-game analysis, I have to say going to bed at half time was an excellent choice :D It meant I got to watch us dominate Wolves and see that rarest of sights - a (delightful) Jonas goal, without the stress and anxiety of watching us try to throw it away...