Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

What an utterly terrible 2nd half performance. Was screaming at my laptop in anger, all down to Pardew, pathetic substitutions and tried to play on the break when we should have been going for the killer 3rd goal. All that quality on the bench and he brings on Guthrie and Lovenkrands ffs. Only thing I can think of is that he wants to save the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux for Spurs.

Not really wanting to defend it too much, but at Wolves when they're on the front foot there is an argument for preferring lads with experience in the English league. It certainly wasn't a game at that point to bring on HBA.

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

Yes and no, by the sounds. Better team first half but they should have had a pen. Cack second half. From what I've heard a draw would have been a fair result.

Wolves is a tough place to go to and lets face it, no matter how good the scoreline could have been, this was an away win in the Premier League. I don't agree with the subs etc, but we won, fuck it, go out, have a drink and enjoy it!

Well, the other premier league teams are going/have to take you seriously now...

But can someone explain me why Marveaux isn't actually playing in your team ?

I'm not even sure why he was on the bench since it was pretty clear Pardew had no intention of bringing him on.

apparently he did come on at the end! but he should've been on at around the 70 minute mark - he has excellent ball retention and passing and that's what we needed.

The only subs we've really been bringing on the last few games are Marveaux, Sammy and Ben Arfa, not sure why he's changed tack this game.

Because those 3 offer absolutely bot all on the defensive side of things.

I disagree, we were clearly inviting pressure on ourselves that half and they'd have at least meant we had more of the ball.  Lovenkrands on is daft, he's better off bringing any of those 3 on and Cabaye couldn't have managed another 8 minutes?  He's the best passer on the pitch, you keep him on unless he's really struggling imo.  It's the Lovenkrands one that's really strange though, Marveaux or Ben Arfa gives us more pace and possession whereas Lovenkrands is now just a poacher who will pop up with the odd goal.

Cabaye looked absolutely spent tbf, no problem with him bringing Guthrie on we didn't have anyone else to bring on. Bringing on another attacker when you're under the cosh would've been mental.

I'd not have brought Lovenkrands on like, I'd have brought on Marveaux and put him in the hole.

Fair enough.  What the fuck is going on with Gosling by the way, it's getting ridiculous.

Anyway, great result - disappointing that we made a mountain out of a molehill 2nd half but that's the first time we've won at Wolves in over 50 years and we're 3rd in the league.  Hope Pardew's learning from his errors while we're getting the rub of the green, he's going to really need that experience later on.

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

Yes and no, by the sounds. Better team first half but they should have had a pen. Cack second half. From what I've heard a draw would have been a fair result.

I couldn't watch the last 10 minutes. Left the pub. What was their disallowed goal like?

Well, the other premier league teams are going/have to take you seriously now...

I'm not even sure why he was on the bench since it was pretty clear Pardew had no intention of bringing him on.

He came on ;)

Didn't notice. 93rd minute?  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What an utterly terrible 2nd half performance. Was screaming at my laptop in anger, all down to Pardew, pathetic substitutions and tried to play on the break when we should have been going for the killer 3rd goal. All that quality on the bench and he brings on Guthrie and Lovenkrands ffs. Only thing I can think of is that he wants to save the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux for Spurs.

Not really wanting to defend it too much, but at Wolves when they're on the front foot there is an argument for preferring lads with experience in the English league. It certainly wasn't a game at that point to bring on HBA.

Yup.

Bringing on Ben Arfa and Marveaux was not going to make us keep the ball straight away, Wolves were going to be pushing us hard and looking for a goal.

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

I couldn't watch the last 10 minutes. Left the pub. What was their disallowed goal like?

Ball was judged to be out when it was headed across and turned in. It was in though.

The only subs we've really been bringing on the last few games are Marveaux, Sammy and Ben Arfa, not sure why he's changed tack this game.

I disagree, we were clearly inviting pressure on ourselves that half and they'd have at least meant we had more of the ball.  Lovenkrands on is daft, he's better off bringing any of those 3 on and Cabaye couldn't have managed another 8 minutes?  He's the best passer on the pitch, you keep him on unless he's really struggling imo.  It's the Lovenkrands one that's really strange though, Marveaux or Ben Arfa gives us more pace and possession whereas Lovenkrands is now just a poacher who will pop up with the odd goal.

Cabaye looked absolutely spent tbf, no problem with him bringing Guthrie on we didn't have anyone else to bring on. Bringing on another attacker when you're under the cosh would've been mental.

I'd not have brought Lovenkrands on like, I'd have brought on Marveaux and put him in the hole.

Fair enough.  What the fuck is going on with Gosling by the way, it's getting ridiculous.

Anyway, great result - disappointing that we made a mountain out of a molehill 2nd half but that's the first time we've won at Wolves in over 50 years and we're 3rd in the league.  Hope Pardew's learning from his errors while we're getting the rub of the green, he's going to really need that experience later on.

3rd mate, 3rd. Getting a bit big for your boots there. Let's wrap up this CL place before we think about the title. O0

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

Ball went "out" from a deep cross which was Jarvis headed back across goal and Doyle poked it home.

We were really lucky to hang on to the three points after bringing on just about the worst substitutions on that we could have made, Elliott for Krul would have just capped off those two.  We should have changes things earlier as we did very little in the 2nd half and surrendered possession far too often.

Lovenkrands for anybody is a bit daft, to take Ba off for him was laughable as Ba was by far our best forward and most likely to score. 

We’ve played well against Villa and Blackburn but we were as bad in the 2nd half as we’ve been good in the last 2 games and we didn’t have to be because we were competitive in the first half.

I don’t think we’ll be as luck again as we’ve been in the 2nd half today when I think we could have gone on to score more if we’d brought on Marveaux and Ben Arfa for Obertan and Best.

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

Ball was judged to be out when it was headed across and turned in. It was in though.

Fantastic. Love it when we mug the opposition.

Finding it quite strange how the poor second half performance is getting more mentions than the fact we got three points at Molineux. What a brilliant, brilliant result. Sounds like we rode our luck at times but i reckon we've earnt it with some superb, rigid performances of late. Awesome.

We mugged them, aye?

Owa the moon.

Fantastic. Love it when we mug the opposition.

End of the world. Feels like a defeat etc. etc.

Nee idea, he was exactly what we could have done with today n all. Can only assume he picked up a knock playing for the stiffs.

Wolves is a tough place to go to and lets face it, no matter how good the scoreline could have been, this was an away win in the Premier League. I don't agree with the subs etc, but we won, f*** it, go out, have a drink and enjoy it!

Yup, just frustrating as we bossed it for good spells and didn't have to make a meal of it like we did.

I think Pardew saw no reason to change the team from last week, seeing as we played very well. Judging by today's performance you would think Marveaux would be starting against Spurs.