Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Assuming Ba's out we have to go:

Krul

Simpson      Taylor  Colo      Santon

Cabaye    Tiote

Marveaux      Ben Arfa        Jonas

Best

No doubt we'll see a 4-4-2 with Shola for Ba being the only change though.  :anguish:

Blissful fantasy:

Krul

R.Taylor    S.Taylor    Coloccini    Santon

Marveaux      Tiote      Cabaye    Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Best

Hard (or Pard) reality:

Krul

Simpson      S.Taylor    Coloccini    R.Taylor

Obertan      Tiote        Cabaye      Gutierrez

Lovenkrands    Best

(Shola Ameobi 62')

Blissful fantasy:

Krul

Ben Arfa

Best

Hard (or Pard) reality:

Krul

Lovenkrands    Best

(Shola Ameobi 62')

Think your right unfortunately. Pardew deserves alot of credit for us being in the position we are in right now. But there are certainly improvements we can make. We need Santon in asap (to deal with Bale ideally). Also both Ben Arfa and Marveaux look to have alot of creativity and goals in them and look far better players than Obertan who looks so far to be decent cover, could improve and may be a good pacey sub to bring on.

Blissful fantasy:

Krul

Ben Arfa

Best

Hard (or Pard) reality:

Krul

Lovenkrands    Best

(Shola Ameobi 62')

Think your right unfortunately. Pardew deserves alot of credit for us being in the position we are in right now. But there are certainly improvements we can make. We need Santon in asap (to deal with Bale ideally). Also both Ben Arfa and Marveaux look to have alot of creativity and goals in them and look far better players than Obertan who looks so far to be decent cover, could improve and may be a good pacey sub to bring on.

How ridiculous is it that we actually will start that second team? :lol: I mean, we're in a fantastic position in the league, and we have the opportunity to play Ben Arfa, Santon and Marveaux, and the chance of beating Tottenham, which would send a huge message to the rest of the league. But instead we're gonna play fucking Løvenkrands, and worst case scenario Shola Ameobi. To top that Ryan Taylor will play at the expense of Santon, and Marveaux will look good on the bench once again. It's quite sad really.

Blissful fantasy:

Krul

Ben Arfa

Best

Hard (or Pard) reality:

Krul

Lovenkrands    Best

(Shola Ameobi 62')

How ridiculous is it that we actually will start that second team? :lol: I mean, we're in a fantastic position in the league, and we have the opportunity to play Ben Arfa, Santon and Marveaux, and the chance of beating Tottenham, which would send a huge message to the rest of the league. But instead we're gonna play f***ing Løvenkrands, and worst case scenario Shola Ameobi. To top that Ryan Taylor will play at the expense of Santon, and Marveaux will look good on the bench once again. It's quite sad really.

Well not quite the second team, but yes it is frustrating, we've got ourselves in a very good position, with a lot of hard work, some quality and lets face it some luck at times too.

We are starting to make things harder than they need to be. Santon, Ben arfa and Marveaux can inject some more seriously needed quality into our team. I'm not going to judge him too harshly before that team is named. But Lovenkrands and Shola coming in before the likes of Marveaux and Ben Arfa would p*ss me off if we end up losing the game. His choice of subs is sometimes good but sometimes baffling and very frustrating at times i.e. Smith v Fulham and Lovenkrands instead of Ben Arfa or Marveaux.

As you say we have a very good oppourtunity now to have a real go at Spurs and possibly beat them. Which would really be a huge win. Lets at least do it with our best availiable players.

I am trying to remain optimistic but i can't help fearing the worst.

I doubt we will see Santon and i can see Bale causing Simpson huge problems. Santon is our best chance of nulifying Bale's threat.

As others have mentioned Raylor V Van der Vart doesn't scare me quite as much as Lennon v Raylor. I'd prefer Ferguson v Lennon. SWP tore Raylor to shreds at QPR.

We can win this game in the middle of the park. Cabaye and Tiote are top quality and can compete with very best and i fancy them to get the better of Sandro and Parker although it should be interesting.

Obertan whilst he hasn't been terrible and has shown promise in some area's i.e. running and crossing. Lacks that killer instinct at times. Can't see Obertan scoring very many at all (we need one wide man who can score a few),  he's not all that great tracking back at times either and can be very weak in the tackle. Could be a good sub with his pace.

Ben arfa and Marveaux are unproven at NUFC this far (because of lack of opourtunities) when it comes to tracking back but they really do have great footballing brains and are very dangerous going forward.  I can see either of those scoring or getting an assist and really threatening Spurs. We don't want to be sitting back and inviting spurs on to us.

Could really be a thrilling game this one. Just hope Pardew doesn't mess this oppourtunity up by selecting the wrong players.

Guest VaVaVoom

Looking forward to this. We are going well at the moment, nice break and a chance for us to put out a very strong team at home.

Would be a massive 3 points, a massive point proved too.

I think we could see...

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor----Coloccini---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote

Obertan----------Ben Arfa----------Jonas

---Best---

Subs: Harper, R.Taylor, Perch, Guthrie, Marveaux, Lovenkrands and Shola

That team is well capable of a big win at the weekend.

Would rather Marveaux started instead of Obertan though.

2-1 Best and Ben Arfa

Big test for Pards if Ba is indeed injured. To play Lovenkrands or Shola in this would render either completely redundant and would be akin to playing with ten men. Either play Ben Arfa behind the Best or even play Abeid and move Cabaye into a more advanced midfield role.