Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Another one in the 'in charge in the first half' gang, although I did miss the first 14 minutes or so. We didn't tear them apart with chance after chance but we were comfortable, must have spent a lot of time in their half and their goal was against the run on play.

Harry Redknapp seemed to agree as well.

Love how because we haven't played Man's/Chelsea we've been playing blind kids all season, pack of cunts.

That's the thing, apart from the top three nobody else is that amazing on a regular basis. So there's 17 other teams that on their day can beat anyone. And even if you say Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are in a bracket above the other 14, then we've already played two of them.

But I'm told it's the best league in the world. Your sense makes no sense.

We more than held our own against what is supposed to be one of the top teams, so I think the players will take a lot of encouragement from that. In fact, it's disappointing not to have won, given that our defending was poor for both their goals.

I hope that the game will encourage Pardew to be a bit bolder, giving Santon a chance at least. I thought both full backs were poor again today.

Another one in the 'in charge in the first half' gang, although I did miss the first 14 minutes or so. We didn't tear them apart with chance after chance but we were comfortable, must have spent a lot of time in their half and their goal was against the run on play.

What the fuck was he doing during the first 14 minutes!? ???

What the fuck was he doing during the first 14 minutes!? ???

Fiddling his books on the bench with Bond while Allen stood trying to shake hands unsuccessfully.

Even if we'd lost this 2-1 I would have been very proud of the lads and their performance, they were spot on today in general.

Shola coming on and getting a cracker was a great reward for the spirit and desire we showed.

Agree, it was a very encouraging display against a good Spurs side.

MOTD still saying we've not played anyone good FFS,and then 'look who they've got coming up in november'

So fuck,man city and man u away we're expecting 0 points,and we've gotta play em som time,our season won't be decided on those results,it's beating the shite we've always had problems with and we're turning that around now,why haven't any of the pundits picked up on this?

Doesn't make sense. They're talking as though our league placing is ahead of the Manchesters and Chelsea. Must be a little bit jarring for their darlings to be below us I suppose. Need to rationalise it somehow.

Only two teams better than Spurs in this league imo and they both begin with M.

Chelsea are as well, Spurs are probably the 4th best team, which will likely be reflected in their final position this season.

Chelsea are as well, Spurs are probably the 4th best team, which will likely be reflected in their final position this season.

It's opinions, and like you say final positions will be the proof but I think that Spurs team today had more quality than Chelsea.

It's opinions, and like you say final positions will be the proof but I think that Spurs team today had more quality than Chelsea.

Completely disagree. Chelsea are better in just about every department.

Don't agree really, Ramires has looked good this season, Mata is class act and I think at the moment they are managed by a more astute manager, (though early days of course, Redknapp is never going to surprise you, Villas Boas likes changing it up a lot, and seems to have brought an urgency to their play). They are lacking a Modric style deep playmaker though whose going to dictate play.

Completely disagree. Chelsea are better in just about every department.

:thup: