Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

Howay man Pardew, you need to start playing Santon in the league. I can live with Obertan and Guthrie, but his faith in our average at best full backs are worrying.

EDIT: Our bench is fucking excellent :undecided: :lol: :(

Don't think it's a shit team, just no Tiote is a very big blow. Saying that, I've got a feeling that Guthrie will surprise some. In the end, it's the first time for a long time that he's playing alongside someone who's a decent CM in the PL. When was the last time? Villa at home under Kinnear alongside Barton? Probably. Even Zidane would have looked a poor player alongside Butt....

I would have thought we would play 5 in midfield, or rather Ben Arfa instead of Best just behind Ba.  Nevermind.  Happy to see Guthrie get a chance, he did well against Blackburn.  Obertan played alright when he came on against Blackburn too, though I imagine that is because he is most likely going to be an impact sub in future.

Why isn't Gosling playing? I have more faith in him than Guthrie.

Why? Gosling's been abysmal every time he's worn the shirt. Guthrie's a decent player and, by all accounts, had a good game in midweek.