Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How the fuck did Ben Arfa do that? :lol:

:lol: I demand gifs.

He's the kid on FIFA who can do all the skill moves and get them to actually work.

Guest VaVaVoom

Ok so for the vast majority of the 1st half Man City were well on top, we had a couple of spells where we could and probably should of scored. We cant rue those chances but what we can do is get Ryan fuckin Taylor off the pitch.

Stupidity for their penalty and fuckin cluelesness for their second. Get Santon on.

In fairness Citeh deserve the scoreline but i thought we had done well enough up until their 1st.

Santon on for Raylor, Shola on for Ba and just fuckin go for it.

Would be 0-0 if it wasn't for R.Taylor

Would be 2-0 if Ba had taken his two golden chances.

We're losing 2-0.

Sums it up really. Disappointing that our run has to end like this.

now for the haters of Best, you can see how important he is to the team.

think we would had relieved a lot of pressure off our selves had he been playing, we would had, had an option of knocking the ball long and making it stick up top with Best.

obviously less of a goal threat compared to Ba but we missed his his hold up play.  Not saying Ba is playing badly, he's doing pretty good on his own up there but that's not really his game, holding up the ball.

Still not over. A goal and we're very much back in it.

Probably would take Raylor off at half time. The penalty decision probably has taken some confidence of him. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored.

It would be typical if we manage to fail to score past this shaky City defence. Fucks sake. :facepalm:

We should grow some balls and give it a real go in the 2nd half.

We haven't gotten past their midfield all game long, not sure how we're supposed to even threaten their defence.

Unless Ben Arfa decides to dribble through their whole team and score himself, anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2-0 a harsh scoreline or...?

I see you conceded a penalty from a clear handball... :hmm:

I'm disappointed, rather than gutted. If that makes sense. The goals were goals, but they came from two bad player decisions. We've defended hard, but that's all we've done really. Had 10 minute spell where we made 2 good chances, but didn't take them.

I'd be happy with 0-0, but 2-0 is fair.

Agree with Disco re: paying them too much respect.

Though obviously now they're in the lead, they're counter attacking will be a lot more relaxed and efficient.

Really frustrating to lose the goals as we did. It would almost have been easier to take if it had been a bit of unstoppable quality rather than a penalty and Raylor. Really annoying.

Makes me wonder why we were all looking forward to this game :lol: :lol:

Shame to concede two like that because they'd only had one clear chance for all their possession. We managed two with our limited possession in their half.

Jonas hasn't been following Richards as much I'd normally expect. I guess its orders but I don't understand why.

Would be 0-0 if it wasn't for R.Taylor

Would be 2-0 if Ba had taken his two golden chances.

We're losing 2-0.

Sums it up really. Disappointing that our run has to end like this.

Lets hope we come out fighting in the second half.

No great shame here. Pity the manner in which we conceded, but there was an inevitability in City's play. If we were gonna get anything from the game today, we needed: A, Ba to hold up the ball. B, Jonas to defend well. C, Krul to keep possession. D, take and chances we get. None of those things have happened, and we were always going to concede at some point, especially looking at the possession stats. That's regardless of Raylor's howlers.