Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Impressived with Ben Arfa btw. The one chance he created for Ba was excellent.

Absolutely, I thought he was going to shoot but then did lovely pass to Ba, in retrospect should have shot since Ba failed, but imo was a fair decision since the set up for Ba was absolutely inch perfect

Penalty was correct, but wasn't a deliberate hand ball from Taylor. The second goal was shocking from Raylor, he was caught on the wrong side as he lost track of where Richards was and he took a poor first touch. For a defender it was a decent finish from Richards on the volley. I would think about bringing Santon on for Taylor second half as Richards has been having a field day down the left side. Its a shame that its 2-0 as potentially it could have been Newcastle leading 2-0 had Ba put away his chances. I think the free header in the 6 yard box he could have done a lot better with and at least worked Hart. Ben Arfa has been decent, some nice bits of skill, but some loose passes. Sammy has been quite good on the right, maybe try and run at Clichy as he has had a bit of joy cutting inside onto his left foot. I'd hate for some kneejerk reactions after the game today as you can tell the difference in class, but Newcastle haven't done too bad.

2-0 a harsh scoreline or...?

I see you conceded a penalty from a clear handball... :hmm:

this one look intentional neil no dispute penalty... dont try bring back gosling again. :lol:

I couldn't resist. It was in part due to the fact we got a penalty given against us in the 1st half which was ridiculously harsh on us.

this raylor penalty was correct... as a defender... it was silly waving his hand like that... should know better.

I think the tactics were pretty solid, defending a bit deep, but overall limiting them in the final third and creating a chance or two on the counter.  We've not looked overmatched at all - EXCEPT for Raylor v Micah Richards, which has been a catastrophe.  City are destroying us down their right and we've simply got to make changes there.

Sammy looks the part.  Ben Arfa's come into the game - that reverse pass for Ba (which Ben Arfa might have been better served to shoot) was brilliant, and we've created two clear cut chances.  All in all, not bad, really.  Now to avoid getting violated in the second half.

Krul's had one save to make and we're somehow down 2-0. Bullshit.

Our midfield's been poor. Ba's done ok but he hasn't had enough support. Ben Arfa has been ok; a couple of misplaced passes but also a couple of moments of magic. Sammy needs to take Clichy on, and we as a team just need to try to pass it around more and not resort to hoofing the ball up, especially because Best isn't playing today. Play the balls into channels, get our quick players to run on to them.

Sammy had a very good half.

Cabaye's been exactly what I expected, completely anonymous - and has been against just about every decent team we've played against.

I'm honored. I'm witnessing the birth of a new Ronaldo vendetta

Sammy had a very good half.

Cabaye's been exactly what I expected, completely anonymous - and has been against just about every decent team we've played against.

I think Cabaye has been effective seeing as we've barley touched the ball. His passing in tight spots has been good IMO.

If only Raylor & Ba do what theyre capable of we'd be winning this game

Ryan Taylor did do what he's capable of, that's why we're 2 down.

Hes been better than that recently. Just two pieces of awful decision making, hes not used to a fullback pushing on so much.

How the f*** did Ben Arfa do that? :lol:

:lol: I demand gifs.

:lol: It was quality. He was being hassled towards the line, then he just did some crazy shit with his feet and all of a sudden he was gone and running at the box.

:lol: He was under serious pressure, then his legs turned into a mystery, and he was free. Fucking loved it.

Hard for the midfield to be anything other than anonymous when we're bypassing it completely.