Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

2-0 a harsh scoreline or...?

I see you conceded a penalty from a clear handball... :hmm:

nah, we've gotten what we've deserved out of that half. will take a massive effort and upswing in fortune to get anything out of this game now. can't see how pardew can change things really, quality just doesn't match up to theirs.

The pen was fair enough. Whilst I don't think he moved his arm towards the ball, if you try to block a shot with your arms that far away from your body, most refs will give it.

The second goal just exposed Raylor's limitations as a defender. He wasn't able to adjust his body and footwork quickly enough.

On the plus side, Ben Arfa has had his good moments, and Sammy looks like a first team player, no question.

Honestly, what the f*** was Raylor thinking waving his hand like that? Bloody stupid.

Probably a goal if his hand ain't there.

With Krul about, I'm not sure. Have to see a replay again. Not his fault for that one IMO. That kinda stuff just happens, and when they're firing in as many balls into our box as they were it was bound to happen. Could just as easily been Colo, Saylor or Simpson.

His overall play has been particularly poor though.

No great shame here. Pity the manner in which we conceded, but there was an inevitability in City's play. If we were gonna get anything from the game today, we needed: A, Ba to hold up the ball. B, Jonas to defend well. C, Krul to keep possession. None of those things have happened, and we were always going to concede at some point, especially looking at the possession stats. That's regardless of Raylor's howlers.

Both goals were errors and we had two great chances on the head and foot of our best striker. Nothing was inevitable. We haven't performed when necessary.

Still not over. A goal and we're very much back in it.

Probably would take Raylor off at half time. The penalty decision probably has taken some confidence of him. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored.

Amazing that you're so good at betting with logic like that ;) :laugh:

Would be 0-0 if it wasn't for R.Taylor

Would be 2-0 if Ba had taken his two golden chances.

We're losing 2-0.

Sums it up really. Disappointing that our run has to end like this.

Not so sure. For large spells of that game City had has penned in and Krul made a wonder save to stop Balotelli from scoring a header. If R.Taylor didn't give away a handball it may have been a goal anyways.

2-0 a harsh scoreline or...?

I see you conceded a penalty from a clear handball... :hmm:

this one look intentional neil no dispute penalty... dont try bring back gosling again. :lol:

I couldn't resist. It was in part due to the fact we got a penalty given against us in the 1st half which was ridiculously harsh on us.

The pen was fair enough. Whilst I don't think he moved his arm towards the ball, if you try to block a shot with your arms that far away from your body, most refs will give it.

The second goal just exposed Raylor's limitations as a defender. He wasn't able to adjust his body and footwork quickly enough.

On the plus side, Ben Arfa has had his good moments, and Sammy looks like a first team player, no question.

He had plenty of time for a first-time clearance. Just rank bad decision-making IMO.

No great shame here. Pity the manner in which we conceded, but there was an inevitability in City's play. If we were gonna get anything from the game today, we needed: A, Ba to hold up the ball. B, Jonas to defend well. C, Krul to keep possession. D, take any chances we get None of those things have happened, and we were always going to concede at some point, especially looking at the possession stats. That's regardless of Raylor's howlers.

Both goals were errors and we had two great chances on the head and foot of our best striker. Nothing was inevitable. We haven't performed when necessary.

Made a slight edit.

It would be typical if we manage to fail to score past this shaky City defence. Fucks sake. :facepalm:

We should grow some balls and give it a real go in the 2nd half.

We haven't gotten past their midfield all game long, not sure how we're supposed to even threaten their defence.

Unless Ben Arfa decides to dribble through their whole team and score himself, anyway.

Well, how about if we start to try to get behind their midfield and defence?! Extra effort, balls and quality needed.

Just give it a real gutsy go in the 2nd half ffs.