Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

I expected that but I've taken a lot of heart from the performance, there's no reason we can't give Man United a really good game. We were punished for two individual errors today, mind I still dispute the third, the slight Ben Arfa knocking tank-line Richards off his feet. Still, the goal is the least we deserved.

Krul 6 - Alright I guess, his kicking does my head in though just hits and hopes really. Still made some good saves, bit disappointed with his penalty effort.

Simpson 7 - Solid, seemed realtively comfortable for large parts, got forward in parts too.

Taylor 7 - Solid, some decent last ditch stuff too.

Colo 8 - Massively impressed with him again, such a classy player.

Taylor 2 - At fault for both first half goals, the latter being absolutely school boy stuff. Also tucked in far too much providing Richard with freedom of Manchester at times. Woeful.

Sami 6 - Some decent direct stuff at times although the final ball was often lacking. With a bit of experience and some hard hours in the gym he could be worth holding on to. Provided good cover for Simpson as well.

Guthrie 6 - Always looks decent on the ball, he really game into the game in the second half.

Cabaye 6.5 - Same as Guthrie with added grit, made some great possession winning challanges in the middle.

Jonas 5 - Can't fault his effort and application but he left Taylor a bit too exposed at times, also provided very little in the final third.

Ben Arfa 7 - When he's on the ball he looks brilliant, by our far our most creative player today. On another day he could of had a goal and assist to his name, unlucky.

Ba 5 - Fed on scraps but always a threat. Wasted a couple of really good half chances, the kind of chances you have to take to get anything from this type of game.

We must take heart from our performance. We carved out a number of chances and it was only three defensive mistakes which led to their goals.

We were unlucky to not score more, Sammy and HBA looked bright and 3 of the back 4 remained their usual solid selves.

It's disappointing the manner in which we went down, but we have to pick ourselves on and get on with it. We all expected defeat today.

I reckon we can give Man U a game like.

Guest VaVaVoom

Prophet.....Ba missed half chances? Fuck sake both were glorious fuckin chances man.

Barfa should have been an 8 other than that i agree with the rest.

Just got home.

Plenty of positives to take from that today - Ben Arfa and Sammy in particular going forward. Hatem's touch was noticeably better today than it has been in his home sub appearances. Jonas was a little anonymous, but still thought he ran hard.

Colo, Saylor and Simpson all solid enough, although Saylor did his best to give Colo a matching broken nose in the second half. Raylor at fault big time today, however, refuse to be too hard on him given the contribution he has made so far this season. My head says Pardew should use it as excuse to bring in Santon, however, part of me thinks it would be harsh and could destroy the blokes confidence - a difficult situation for AP to deal with.

Krul made some good saves but kicking was piss poor all day - when you are playing with just Ba upfront you have to be putting everything on his head. Too much was going towards Ben Arfa in the air today, even when kicking from his hands, meaning Kompany and Lescott could clean up. Something to work on.

We didn't disgrace ourselves by any stretch of the imagination and it was to our credit that we kept going right until the end. Came out second half and had a go at them. To get anything from City this year you have to play well, get a bit of luck and not make mistakes. Unfortunately for us we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times and didn't get the rub of the green. That said you got the feeling that City could have stepped it up a gear if need be.

They brought on Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry and David Silva (arguably the best player in the league at the moment in my opinion). We brought on Gosling, Lovenkrands and Perch - that just illustrates the gulf in class.

As for the crowd trouble, not good from our lot i'm afraid. I was stood right on the end of the row next to the city fans. There was some half decent banter in the first half, although they were obsessed with singing songs about us getting crowds of 10 thousand which I couldn't work out! They were clearly mongs, however, someone from our side chucked what looked like a some sort of banger across. That exploded and it all kicked off from there. Coins and bottles coming from their lot and a few chairs flying across from our side. Not good at all. Further towards the front both sides were trying to get at each other, with the police and security guards forming a barrier. A fair few chucked out from our side and a decent number, including couples and parents with kids, got out of their straight away.