Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Good showing against one of the best teams in the world.  3-1 to them a little flattering because we by and large shot ourselves in the foot but there's no question they were going to dominate and in all likelihood win this game.

Aye, I think even without the two penalties, you still bet on them to win, they can just step up through the gears any time they want to, their bench is frightening. Pathetic pointless way to compete if you ask me but there you go.

The title's theirs, just have the ceremony now, give everyone else zero points for the games with them and cut out the pointless 90 minutes of playing them.

Feel exactly the same. Not felt as deflated about a match for a while. They make a mockery of the entire sport with the squad and manager they have. There's no genius to it at all. "Oh hey, let's overspend on twenty absolutely world class players". Their funds are like a cheat on Football Manager or something.

Well I wouldn't say no to all the resources they have.

I would, said so before. Hollow as f***.

Are you honestly saying if we had an owner like Man City you would be disappointed if he got us world class players?

In the way they've done it, yes.

Btw our owner could do what theirs has if he really wanted to.

Well fair enough then, but I hardly think Ashley would have the spending power as Arab oil money has.

They've spend circa £440m net since 2006, Ashley's personal wealth is three times that. I wouldn't want to spend money like that though, it's a joke.

Assets, not liquidity.

Can't wait to see how we fair against man united with hopefully tiote, best and obertan back in the squad. Still a hell of a game to try and get something out of but i think if we don't gift goals like today we could do ok as we are likely to get far more chances and the game should suit our players more.

Not dis-heartened at all by that,liked our solidity in general,they were always gonna make chances but we limited them and made quite a few if our own.

Ben Arfa and Sammy looking dangerous. Dust ourselves down and  get back to Manchester with Tiote next week and get a point.

Not dis-heartened at all by that,liked our solidity in general,they were always gonna make chances but we limited them and made quite a few if our own.

Ben Arfa and Sammy looking dangerous. Dust ourselves down and  get back to Manchester with Tiote next week and get a point.

I think with Tiote back and Obertan, Santon replacing Raylor we could come away with three points.

Seen absolutely nothing to suggest we can't give Man United a real game next week if Tiote's back.

As well as Guthrie's been today, Tiote just brings our midfield to another level.

Having said that, I'd somehow would like to see a Tiote / Guthrie partnership in CM. Guthrie has been as good as Cabaye recently.

Seen absolutely nothing to suggest we can't give Man United a real game next week if Tiote's back.

As well as Guthrie's been today, Tiote just brings our midfield to another level.

Having said that, I'd somehow would like to see a Tiote / Guthrie partnership in CM. Guthrie has been as good as Cabaye recently.

It's insane how going to Old Trafford somehow seems like a winnable fixture in comparison.

It's insane how going to Old Trafford somehow seems like a winnable fixture in comparison.

It doesn't really. But with a bit more luck than today (Not conceding 2 penalties, not conceding two goals in 4 minutes, not hitting the post.....) we have a chance of getting a result as we've had today.

Today, if we go into half time 0-0, everything is possible. With 2-0 down it was always very, very difficult.

The game panned out pretty much was everyone expected. If you gift them three goals though then you give yourself no chance.

However, i was really impressed with us. We  started coming into it at about 35 minutes, started getting out, then the two mistakes.

Same second half, got at them and should have pulled one back. Heads up though, lets do the same at Man United. They arent as good as Citeh.

Our lot apparently set off a firework and were ripping out seats and chucking them into the home end.

That'll be Fugazi.

Spotted him early doors on my feed, gave up singing pretty early compared to his compatriots. Fucking part timer.