Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Guest VaVaVoom

3-1 is a fair result and today highlighted the difference in class and the weaknesses in our side.

They battered us, we stood up well, they created chance after chance but we probably created the most chances a side has at their place this season.

Central defence for us was solid as it has been all season and it has highlighted that fullback is our weakest area in the team and citeh exploited that. Get Santon starting and work on bringing in either Pieters or Cissokho in, in January.

Guthrie showed that he has enough about him to challenge Tiote and Cabaye, Gosling also showing a bit of worth.

We need more cover out wide.

Ben Arfa was very good in spells, his running, vision and skill are going to be important. Unlucky not to score but should have went the other side of the keeper.

Ba....decent striker, will get goals but fuck me he is inconsistent. We NEED another striker.

Overall it was a good performance, on another day it could of been different, we gave a good account of ourselves and there will be lessons to be learned from this for AP, backroom staff and the board.

Striker, Fullback, Centreback cover and cover for out wide needed. Priority

Still baffled to why Santon didn't get at least 20 minutes with the game gone.

I thnk Pardew has his reasons for it. Marveaux wasn't played (bar some late cameos) until he was really needed. Santon wouldn't have made a difference today by playing 20 minutes. But the risk of getting injured would have been there.

Good showing against one of the best teams in the world.  3-1 to them a little flattering because we by and large shot ourselves in the foot but there's no question they were going to dominate and in all likelihood win this game.

Aye, I think even without the two penalties, you still bet on them to win, they can just step up through the gears any time they want to, their bench is frightening. Pathetic pointless way to compete if you ask me but there you go.

The title's theirs, just have the ceremony now, give everyone else zero points for the games with them and cut out the pointless 90 minutes of playing them.

Feel exactly the same. Not felt as deflated about a match for a while. They make a mockery of the entire sport with the squad and manager they have. There's no genius to it at all. "Oh hey, let's overspend on twenty absolutely world class players". Their funds are like a cheat on Football Manager or something.

I'm a bit confused why Pardew took off Ben Arfa and Sammy Ameobi, our two creative outlets.

Ben Arfa came off as he's still getting back to full fitness

Sammeobi probably because he plays a lot of games in the reserves and not used to playing 90 minutes at the pace of the first team games

Cabaye because he's only come back from injury.

Man U and Chelsea won't play as well as that.

Hope so, because I didn't think City got into their stride at all.

That's true, I meant that City give you pretty much fuck all and we've seen Man U and Chelsea have defensive problems this season.

:thup:

Thought we created an impressive number of clear chances today, irrespective of the fact we didn't take any. City definitely rode their luck at those points, easily as much as we have this season.

Good showing against one of the best teams in the world.  3-1 to them a little flattering because we by and large shot ourselves in the foot but there's no question they were going to dominate and in all likelihood win this game.

Aye, I think even without the two penalties, you still bet on them to win, they can just step up through the gears any time they want to, their bench is frightening. Pathetic pointless way to compete if you ask me but there you go.

The title's theirs, just have the ceremony now, give everyone else zero points for the games with them and cut out the pointless 90 minutes of playing them.

Feel exactly the same. Not felt as deflated about a match for a while. They make a mockery of the entire sport with the squad and manager they have. There's no genius to it at all. "Oh hey, let's overspend on twenty absolutely world class players". Their funds are like a cheat on Football Manager or something.

Exactly, horrid cheating cunts.

Well I wouldn't say no to all the resources they have.

I would, said so before. Hollow as fuck.

I honestly would.

Exactly, horrid cheating c***s.

How can you say they are cheating cunts. I'd love to have an owner like they have to spend on world class players.

City are obviously miles ahead of us, but I still think people are getting carried away by them and that teams in our league are giving them too much respect and showing too much fear. Napoli and Bayern Munich showed in the Champions League that they're far from invincible if you pass the ball well and get at them. We caused them problems in the second half today when we actually started doing the same thing.

It's a weird one, it would obviosly be exiting and you would enjoy every minute of it, but you couldn't possibly be proud of your club or it's achievements.

I would, said so before. Hollow as f***.

Are you honestly saying if we had an owner like Man City you would be disappointed if he got us world class players?

Exactly, horrid cheating c***s.

How can you say they are cheating c***s. I'd love to have an owner like they have to spend on world class players.

Its like buying a really expensive fuck off fast car that no one else can afford and then joining a motor racing club where everyone is racing Reliant Robins man, then proceeding to lap them over and over with a stupid fucking grin on your face.