Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Our CM pairing is fine, and I'd rather not play Santon or Kadar at CB.

It's essentially a choice between Tiote, Santon and Kadar as Perch's partner.

Tiote's attributes mean that he'd do ok at CB. He's strong, reads the game well and can tackle. Kadar is completely unproven and Santon isn't strong enough.

Has to be Kadar or whoever else who plays CB for the reserves along with Perch. Or Perch - Danny. Doesn't has to be, but I think that's what we'll see. Also was encouraging to see Perch on saturday as he wasn't a complete fucking liability. He wasn't good, but he wasnt terrible like always. Was nice seeing him win a ball or two for once without comitting a foul or so.

I also think this game will show us if Pardew is the true deal, if he can cope with injuries along with tactic change along with an extremely offensive game. We will win this game by scoring the most goals, not conceding the fewest and I hope Pardew realizes that rather than try and play safe because we have a shit CB pairing and wont want them exposed.

I also feel like its a good game to re-introduce the twin up top and put Barfa out on the right. Or play a 3man centra lmidfield if Cheick is back.

I thought Barfa was very poor against Chelsea, but it'll be a true gutting decision if Pardew decides to put him on the bench. Time for Barfa to shine against a smaller club rather than against the best defenders in the world.

Krul

Simpson Santon Perch Taylor

Oba  Cabayle Tiote Jonas

Ba

Best

If we get that team out i think it will be good enough to beat Norwich.  The one thing we do know about our squad now is that when we have our backs against the wall we always come out fighting.  Now more than ever this season we need to roll our sleeves up and fight for each other out there for 90 mins and i have no doubt that we will.                     

It's essentially a choice between Tiote, Santon and Kadar as Perch's partner.

Tiote's attributes mean that he'd do ok at CB. He's strong, reads the game well and can tackle. Kadar is completely unproven and Santon isn't strong enough.

Its not though is it, i don't think Tiote should be anywhere near CB.  Too many turns in the box and not to mention rash tackling :scared:

For me its basically a choice with playing Kadar or shifting a full back in to the centre, neither ideal but both better than sticking Cheick in there..although he's had a to do a job in there for me on Fifa....so who knows...

if tiote doesn't make it...                         

Krul

Simpson  Perch  Kadar  Santon

Gosling  Cabaye  Guthrie 

Ben Arfa                                        Jonas

Ba

will probably be

Krul

Simpson    Perch      Santon      Raylor

Obertan    Cabaye    Guthrie    Jonas

Shola        Ba

Tiote has a tendency to fart about with the ball in our own penalty area so i wouldn't be comfortable at all with him playing centre half.

Santon or Kadar for me.

I'm trying to think of the last time Kadar actually played for us, was it Bristol City away in the CCC partnering Colocinni? Sure he had a stinker and we were very fortunate to come back and draw after a goalkeeping howler played in Jonas to get a goal back.

This sounds mental, but I'd seriously consider starting Shola. His holding up the ball will take alot of pressure off the defence.

What a crock of shit, you ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself. A lot is two words.

This sounds mental, but I'd seriously consider starting Shola. His holding up the ball will take alot of pressure off the defence.

it's not that mental, he's been pretty good recently. the eternal problem though is that over the season 50% of shola's performances will be worse than shite, effectively giving us 10 men and the opposition 12

Guest optimistic nit

would definately prefer to start santon at cb. he may not have too much experience there (not sure if he has or not) but he's got a hell of a lot more experience in top flight football than kadar. If tiote why start him out of position when in cm he could take a lot of pressure off the defence.

I've never understood why you seem to rate Shola.

It certainly blows Shola Ameobi's 1 goal per every 25 shots out of the air :laugh:

I keep forgetting Ameobi is a talentless arsehole.

Thankfully Ronaldo is here to remind us...all the time.

To all those that were happy/accepting enough for him to have a new contract (and there were a fair few!), thanks very much.

Waste of a shirt. Might as well play with 10 men.

Nah, me either...

What a crock of shit, you ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself. A lot is two words.

Dave you bastard, I just spit my tea out. :lol:

It certainly blows Shola Ameobi's 1 goal per every 25 shots out of the air :laugh:

To all those that were happy/accepting enough for him to have a new contract (and there were a fair few!), thanks very much.

Nah, me either...

I've gotten this wrong before, haven't I? :lol:

Nah, me either...

tbf shola has looked decent in his cameos of late.