Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I mean this referee in the Liverpool game is something else. Fabinho has committed about 10 yellow card fouls yet hasn't got a booking. 10 minutes of added time with no injuries or stoppages.

On 19/05/2023 at 09:23, geordiesteve710 said:

When VAR reviews Wilson's attempt to win a penalty, they should really be saying to the ref "that's a clear dive, it's a yellow card." I get that simulation is a bit of a grey area and sometimes it's hard to tell in real time, but when they've stopped and reviewed the incident anyway then they know.

I suppose there's the question of should the video ref be making the decision for the on-field ref and if not do we really want a further stoppage while the on-field ref reviews the incident for what is only a yellow card offence (clearly not.) But when it's that obvious there should be a way to enforce it. Would also be a stronger deterrent if strikers knew that there's jeopardy for them when the incident is reviewed.

I dont think VAR can advise on yellow cards

walcott getting pulled up for offside on his goal.

millimeters if anything.

thought that was gonna be a thing of the past.

all depends on who decides when the initial pass was played. 

On 09/05/2023 at 21:57, Jordan said:

For me, VAR should have a set time to make a decision and if they can’t, the on field decision stands. Something like 60 seconds. Would save the huge delays thats happening in every game now. 

See I'm not sure on that. The handball at Leeds a couple of weeks ago took a while to come to the correct decision but it was clearly a handball. 

1) I want to hear what the officials are discussing (like in cricket)

2) I want an error margin for offside calls, which favours the lino on field decision (like umpire's call in cricket)

3) Game clock stops for VAR 

Edited by David Edgar

I think they should trial a consensus var system.  Money should not be a factor so something like 3 completely separate groups.  A decision is overturned if 2 out of the 3 groups call it.  

Watching the referee section on sky shows that a lot of decisions are opinionated.  Using a consensus could increase the percentage of correct calls. 

38 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

1) I want to hear what the officials are discussing (like in cricket)

2) I want an error margin for offside calls, which favours the lino on field decision (like umpire's call in cricket)

3) Game clock stops for VAR 

1. Not allowed by fifa/uefa at present, but should happen.

2. They have scrapped that in cricket now.

3. Stopping it for VAR will open the debate to other incidents, might not be a bad idea really so you take it away from one man.

Why did cricket get rid of that?  I could always get on with it.  Just seemed a good compromise.

On the clock stop thing.  I think there is a case for it when the game is delayed by physios on the pitch and VAR.  In both incidents, you are waiting for people outside of the game to do a job which shouldn't be rushed.

:lol: Say what you want about them but they sure love to take any opportunity to make a song and dance about how hard done by they are. It's admirable in it's own annoying as fuck way.

Have we seen @rgk_lfc of late? I'd be interested in their view as a resident LFC fan whose posts, from what I've seen, are invariably quality.

3 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

When do we get the Hawkeye automated off side tech in the premier league?

There were reports suggesting it will come in for the start of next season but had a quick check and there is nothing definitive about it

Seems mad not to introduce it considering it worked very well at the World Cup and works well in the CL

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

There were reports suggesting it will come in for the start of next season but had a quick check and there is nothing definitive about it

Seems mad not to introduce it considering it worked very well at the World Cup and works well in the CL

Waiting for Liverpool to give the OK. They'll be back tracking through decades worth of footage to see if it would have been to their benefit or not 

28 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

We're meant to be the richest league in the world.  We should have the best toys!

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.e8228249b41fe5a5be49d69f404f8251.jpeg

they are delusional beyond help! [emoji38]

ESPN have been tracking VAR decisions this season, identifying the teams who have benefited the most.

I’ll give you one guess as to which team tops the table for most points gained from VAR.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.e8228249b41fe5a5be49d69f404f8251.jpeg

they are delusional beyond help! [emoji38]

They’re the football equivalent to QAnon. How can they possibly believe they’re treated poorly.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

ESPN have been tracking VAR decisions this season, identifying the teams who have benefited the most.

I’ll give you one guess as to which team tops the table for most points gained from VAR.

?? We know. Amazed me, their mass formation psychosis [emoji38]