Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Yet another weekend where refs and VAR own the back page because of gross incompetence. Love what a positive influence it's had on the game. 

Those calls in the Liverpool game were absolutely staggering and they've been totally, totally robbed by the officials.

God it's just so horribly flawed. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Yet another weekend where refs and VAR own the back page because of gross incompetence. Love what a positive influence it's had on the game. 

Those calls in the Liverpool game were absolutely staggering and they've been totally, totally robbed by the officials.

God it's just so horribly flawed. 

Thought the reds were fair enough. The offside call was shockingly bad though.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Thought the reds were fair enough. The offside call was shockingly bad though.

That first yellow for Jota was ridiculous imo. Surely there has to be a modicum of common sense; if he's deliberately impeded him then it's your 'cynical foul' and a yellow all day, but there's no intent and barely a nick of contact - barely even a collision. Insanely unlucky imo. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That first yellow for Jota was ridiculous imo. Surely there has to be a modicum of common sense; if he's deliberately impeded him then it's your 'cynical foul' and a yellow all day, but there's no intent and barely a nick of contact - barely even a collision. Insanely unlucky imo. 

Aye, but being a yellow, the second challenge is brain dead. He lunges in when he doesn't need to and gives the ref a decision to make.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Jota is one of the snidest cunts going. Proper Carvalho/Conceiçao vibes. About time it caught up with him even if we have to deal with the London press providing ho’s to “Ange”

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

sounds like a bollocks cover-up.

when VAR realised they had misunderstood and it had been called offside, they could still have told the ref about the mix up rather than let the game continue.

lying bassas.

Edited by huss9

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

sounds like a bollocks cover-up.

when VAR realised they had misunderstood and it had been called offside, they could still have told the ref about the mix up rather than let the game continue.

lying bassas.

For sure its bollocks, why didn't they just show the lines like they always do instead of what happened. Watching the game around 30 seconds after the restart I said to mate I was watching it with that VAR has told the ref that was meant to be a goal and the ref didn't know what to do, am sure that happened lol, what a fucking shambles

Huge fuck up. It was a fantastic finish by Diaz as well. The first booking on Jota is a joke too, but sounds like it came after another foul by him (I'd gone to bed by then).

After Fabinho and Milner getting away with multiple fouls last season, including going in studs up, I must say my sympathy for Liverpool in particular is limited. Before the season started, the talk was on how rule changes would stop our shithousing and Eddie and JT conferring, but seven games in, the big takeaway has been Liverpool actually getting cards, including red ones. Klopp has been a boy calling wolf for so long that again, its hard to have sympathy for him when his team actually does suffer an injustice.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

You see I don’t think the 1st yellow you can make a decision on, because the camera cuts out on his foot and you never actually see if he makes contact. If he does make contact then it’s a yellow.

As for the straight red, there was no malice, but it was high.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

You see I don’t think the 1st yellow you can make a decision on, because the camera cuts out on his foot and you never actually see if he makes contact. If he does make contact then it’s a yellow.

As for the straight red, there was no malice, but it was high.

It was just like Bruno's against Southampton last season. The decision is just about correct cos its dangerous (never a 'clear and obvious error' mind) but the player is a bit unlucky. 

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

They’re covering this up as miscommunication? Surely not :lol:

What would have stopped the VAR official to intervene as soon as he noticed the ball wasn’t being taken from the center circle ffs?

just scrap VAR. It’s doing the credibility of refereeing far more bad than good when every week there is some high profile blunder that they need to publicly apologise for. I’d rather have human errors that can happen when on field referees and linesmen have to make decisions in a split second. At least they are understandable, this is just beyond belief.

It's something George Caulkin said after the Palace game last season and it's stuck with me - all VAR does is give another human being a chance to make a mistake. 

Goal-line technology works - instantaneous, black-or-white. As soon as you add that human factor you get mistakes and you get controversy. I'd rather just take the bad decisions as they come and be able to celebrate a goal properly in real-time.