Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

37 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He did leave the flag up, then raised it when the play stopped, that's correct.

It was so tight, he could not possibly have been sure that was offside so in my opinion should not have flagged for offside as he wasn't certain.

I thought they were supposed to only flag if they were sure it was offside but I'm likely incorrect 

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

It was so tight, he could not possibly have been sure that was offside so in my opinion should not have flagged for offside as he wasn't certain.

I thought they were supposed to only flag if they were sure it was offside but I'm likely incorrect 

They flag if they think it's offside, same as it ever was, the difference is that they're supposed to wait until the play stops or until a potential scoring opportunity comes to an end (which he did).

To be honest, I thought the offside call was correct - Isak was leaning forward and the defender was leaning back and it's "any part you can score with" which can be offside. Off is off, there should be no benefit of doubt because if you allow someone to be 5 inches offside then next week someone kicks off because they're pulled up for being 6 inches off. You have to have a line somewhere.

I also thought the time added on, sickening as it was, was probably fair. We took the piss. We'd be livid if other sides did that against us. I'd have been delighted if we'd drawn (or better!) and I'm gutted we lost in the manner we did, but I can't complain at the officials even though it always feels unfair especially at Anfield in the last few seconds.

This won't be a popular opinion on here but I think VAR was used the right way for that offside decision last night. For me, it's there to correct the howlers rather than spending ages re-doing every decision to the millimetre. Which it is impossible to do without a perfect 90 degree angle anyway. There should be an element of umpires call to decisions like that - I'd have been fuming if the flag had stayed down and they had gone back and ruled it out on that evidence. If they're going to use it consistently like that going forward then great, but I suspect they won't.

The added time was bullshit and probably the ref letting Klopp's and Liverpool's tantrums get into his head.

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Ball was out of play though, don't think I've ever seen a ref allow the other team to restart the game while a player is down with cramp before. 

Because if in the refs opinion the player is trying to time waste and isn't really injured he can just play on. I'm assuming that's the reason he played on like.

16 hours ago, Ken Boon said:

There was no dogawful officiating tonight, just corrupt officiating in favour of one of the EPL's beloved big six teams., as usually happens. You will soon be able to make a feature length fim about all of the dodgy VAR and referee decisions that have gone in favour of the filthy six as opposed to all  of the "lesser clubs".

Probably a whole series with multiple seasons