Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

There was a time when he was honestly the best ref in the league for a good few years imo. I want to say maybe 06 to 11, but don't hold me to it.

Proper giant ego on him like and the high profile mistakes became more frequent.

Possibly the most anti-NUFC ref of the last 10-12 years I think. You have to go back to early Ashley era and Rob Styles to find someone who fucked us over as many times as Dean did.

Any referee that intentionally makes the game about himself rather than the actual teams and players can fuck clean off. He was that arrogant he thought he was the main attraction and for that reason alone I'm delighted he's leaving the sport, he's an utter cunt

The only decent thing he did was in the Stoke away game, when were ahead late in the game we kept using the towels to dry the ball, for us it was about wasting time. They complained and I remember Dean shrugging his shoulders and saying something along the lines ' well you used them'.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that it seems like we are going to have games with loads of added time and loads could happen in that added time,will the 4th official need to display added time at 90mins then, if say 13mins is added, then display after 13mins how long is added to the added time ?

Edited by madras

16 hours ago, Tina Tooner said:

Going by some of the yellow cards dished out in community shield final we need to be careful this season. Not gona get away with the stuff we pulled last season. 

Long overdue rule change. Soft touch refereeing has facilitated and enabled some of the ugliest aspects of the modern game.

Saw some tenuous pushback from Varane earlier:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66426840

Basically wants carte blanche to behave like stroppy teenagers.

Hating the new reffing initiative. Players are going to be sent off left, right and center. Looked like it was zero tolerance for protestation, so one technical foul or late challenge will see players being sent off. Refs will have a massive influence on games going forward. And what happens if half the team protest the red? Yellows and reds presented all around for the protest. Football’s far too emotional a game for this to work. 

Edited by Astroblack

Referees shouldn't be abused but I don't know why they need to be treat like some kind of deity. If he makes a poor call and a player reacts by punching the ground or something I don't think the game is being damaged. Certain players (like Fernandes and beatiful Joelinton) take the piss a bit and probably need singling out.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The problem with this rule, like almost every rule brought in is that won't be applied consistently across the board. That in itself is part of a wider issue, the standard of refereeing is so bad that it doesn't earn the respect it should.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody should really be speaking to the referee. But you’re right that we have created the culture in football where it’s expected, and it’s going to be really hard to try and change it. 

The captains should be allowed, however the way it's been written looks like it'll be awful. 

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I cannot see anything wrong with what Varane has said tbh. The new rules look dreadful.

Ten Hag and his team should be delighted now the ball will be in play for longer, surely?