Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Being there live.  It did seem like anything that was a bit niggly and looked like 6 and two 3's, went there way.  Whereas we would have players getting barged over or pulled down and nothing was given.

Not seen the Schar one back or the handball.  The Wilson one would annoy me if it was given against us.  But the more you look at it, the more it seems like a foul.  Push in the back, when running full tilt and clearly no way he's going to be playing the ball. 

He wasn't even looking at the ball which was moving away from him and into Wilson's feet. It was a desperate foul and he got away with it. I was surprised Shearer was on the defender's side for that one, even Joe Cole was saying it was a penalty. But Shearer did say we should have got the one where Schar was clearly having his shirt pulled in the box.

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I know every fan feels this way, but outside of the point at Palace I've not seen VAR benefit us at all. Seems to decide when and where it wants to involve itself. 

Yeah, like the 95th minute at home to Southampton! 

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Shelvey's goal against Sheffield United the season before last, the last minute penalty at Spurs last season.

Sorry I should have qualified with 'this season'.

Like it didn't check West Ham's shite penalty in August but seems more than happy to get involved at other times.

2 hours ago, Thiago said:

I know every fan feels this way, but outside of the point at Palace I've not seen VAR benefit us at all. Seems to decide when and where it wants to involve itself. 

It largely went for us in 2019-20 when it first came in; 0-1 at Spurs where Harry Kane went down and didn't get a pen, Schar goal at home to Watford, Shelvey at Sheffield Utd away, never did we have afaik a marginal offside go against us in 19/20. Last season we got a few pens and in spite of the Liverpool away fiasco this season I do agree it seems to be going against us. West Ham pen, no pen and/or red card for Martinez at Villa, no pens at Arsenal on Saturday. Only thing we've got in our way was Leeds not getting a pen at SJP.

seen that shot from miggy early doors that tarkowski blocks. deffo a pelanty.

even tarkowski was trying to get in miggy's way so he couldnt appeal.

the more i see it the more blatent it was. left arm out.

VAR didnt even check it.

Edited by huss9

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

seen that shot from miggy early doors that tarkowski blocks. deffo a pelanty.

even tarkowski was trying to get in miggy's way so he couldnt appeal.

the more i see it the more blatent it was. left arm out.

VAR didnt even check it.

Keith Hacket (former ref) has said the same thing, said it should have been picked up by VAR even if the ref missed it. 

That said, you could argue Lewis had his arm around a player at the end of the match and technically that's a pen as well.

There's been several this weekend in favour of the teams you'd expect to win. I genuinely think VAR is an absolute waste of time and is actually promoting a mentality of 'gain contact and you'll get anything'. FIFA and the FAs inability to lay down the law and enforce the rules and respect in the game has driven us to this, and actually has fixed nowt. 

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

There's been several this weekend in favour of the teams you'd expect to win. I genuinely think VAR is an absolute waste of time and is actually promoting a mentality of 'gain contact and you'll get anything'. FIFA and the FAs inability to lay down the law and enforce the rules and respect in the game has driven us to this, and actually has fixed nowt. 

Been thinking for a while that I was unbelievably naïve to not have realised that VAR would very quickly become a tool to protect the status quo. Not necessarily Leicester and in our match but in general.

Use it for offsides and off ball incidents that the ref misses etc. Basically things where there cannot be much debate about the outcome. Scrap it for penalties and just go by whatever the ref's initial decision, at least mental decisions can be put down to individual error and we can move on.