Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

Mike produced some absolutely sensational no look yellows tonight.

The director from the local am-dram society must have been in the crowd - the way Dean wrote down bookings before flourishing the yellow, glorious flowing movements, clearly trying to win a role

Saw a few stills of that and it honestly should never have stood. Attacker makes that run in an offside position and it would always be taken off by VAR. Harsh on TAA but it's all on Dean.

Edited by Pata

On 12/12/2021 at 18:16, Pata said:

VAR respects the ref's original decision way too much considering it was originally brought in because the refs are shite. Game is so fast now that it's completely understandable that refs will miss things but I have no idea why those wrong decisions have to get so much respect from the VAR team. I was never expecting today's to be overturned despite it never being a foul in my opinion due to that. It's been a lot better this year in not giving penalties for every contact but still mightily struggles overturning a decision when there is contact that is never a foul like today.

It will never get better unless the referees watching the screen get better and I don't see that happening anytime soon. The best solution would be to not have the VAR team consisting of referees but some independent party that wouldn't be scared of hurting their friends feelings for overturning a decision.

I'm beginning to think it was introduced solely to protect referees. As Hans said, leave it to the ref and I can take it, and I [and every other fan] will call him a cunt. That kind of behaviour is not welcome in the middle class game.

Whats fucking scary is when I see the decisions made in this game and to a degree the other games it makes me fucking believe the conspiracy about refs against us. Cause its fucking absurde how many shit calls we get against each other, and what the fucking hell was that bodyblock by him at the end? Why the fuck would you run in the sightline of the shot, there was no fucking reason to move over at fucking all.

He's probably putting TAA off just as much in fairness. It's just typical Dean putting himself in stupid positions because he likes to run around like a pantomime villain.

Would be interesting to have cameras in the VAR room so we can see their process during decisions though. I cannot see any reasons why they should be kept a secret.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

50 minutes ago, worthy said:

Whats fucking scary is when I see the decisions made in this game and to a degree the other games it makes me fucking believe the conspiracy about refs against us. Cause its fucking absurde how many shit calls we get against each other, and what the fucking hell was that bodyblock by him at the end? Why the fuck would you run in the sightline of the shot, there was no fucking reason to move over at fucking all.

They did have a blatant penalty ignored fwiw but I do agree it's too much of a coincidence overall like.

The big decision was whether to stop play for the equaliser, Dean got that clearly wrong. We don’t get the best of views from tv, it may well have been a free kick to us as their player charged in. Hayden went down holding his head, Dean clearly looks at Hayden at least twice and from a distance of around 12 yards decides it’s either not a head injury or he doesn’t see Hayden holding his head. So, Dean is either qualified on making medical assessments from 12 yards away or is blind as a bat. The rules are there

to protect the player, there's no leeway on this, that’s the whole point. Complete joke. We all know Hayden likes an injury but you can’t call bluff and let the game continue.

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

May as well ban corners then as players will just keep going down holding their heads to stop play.

Well, if the ball hits your shin and you go down holding your head you should be booked for simulation. Dean took a punt yesterday which a completely different matter. 

Dean's got form for ignoring head injuries. Remember when Willy Boly elbowed Perez in the face in the penalty area and he waved play on?

The man is a monumental cunt and a blight on refereeing. Up there for me with Rob Styles as the biggest consistently anti-NUFC ref I've seen.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Dean's got form for ignoring head injuries. Remember when Willy Boly elbowed Perez in the face in the penalty area and he waved play on?

The man is a monumental cunt and a blight on refereeing. Up there for me with Rob Styles as the biggest consistently anti-NUFC ref I've seen.

Fucking hell, that was Dean. That was more or less a UFC elbow by Boly.