Dogawful Officiating: PL clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

VAR once again failing to make a decision, was a stone wall pen that.

Except it was never a pen.

One replay make's it look a pen and then a clearer replay one and it's nowhere near.

Edited by neesy111

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Except it was never a pen.

One replay make's it look a pen and then a clearer replay one and it's nowhere near.

Was basing my opinion on being in the ground and haven’t seen it back, so will accept that pending MOTD later :thup: 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Was basing my opinion on being in the ground and haven’t seen it back, so will accept that pending MOTD later :thup: 

The one from the main camera makes it look like one but one from the side clearly shows he gets the ball first and knocks onto Wood and it's a collision.

Edited by neesy111

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Great use of VAR for the first goal TBF to it, would most likely have been given as a free kick to the keeper before. 

It was as the ref blew for it despite no foul.

29 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ref did well for the winner as well, could easily have blown for the rugby tackle on Big Joe.

If a referee blew to bring that foul up without playing the advantage when the player with the ball was in the position Willock was with the ice he was showing and with no time left on the clock, then he/she shouldn’t be refereeing games.

Allowing the advantage should be standard practice. It’s when they play on and don’t bring the advantage back when none is gained or ruin the advantage which kills games.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You only saw it in the ground once from miles away but happy to be here having a go at VAR? :lol:

Today was another proof that VAR is absolutely needed, Bruno's first goal would never have stood without some video help.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

You only saw it in the ground once from miles away but happy to be here having a go at VAR? :lol:

Today was another proof that VAR is absolutely needed, Bruno's first goal would never have stood without some video help.

All today proved was that sometimes it is applied competently. It didn't undo all of the utter wank decisions which routinely leave us cursing its existence. 

4 minutes ago, CPL said:

He gets the ball! Not a penatly.

Aye, @neesy111was right.

10 minutes ago, Pata said:

It’s still not worth having it, for the one right decision it’s got us - there are three other wrong ones, plus all of the other obvious flaws in it which have been gone through countless times.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

All today proved was that sometimes it is applied competently. It didn't undo all of the utter wank decisions which routinely leave us cursing its existence. 

I've had this conversation hundred times but it's not VAR's fault, it's the officials that also make wank decisions on the pitch. If they can't get them right after replays, how could they ever get them right without any help? 

Edited by Pata

Was thinking earlier how raging we'd all be at that first goal being disallowed were it not for VAR. Classic "blow for a foul if anyone breathes near the keeper" shit soft refereeing, not even close to being illegal.

I'm probably the biggest VAR fan here but even I think that the process is fundamentally flawed right now and who ever came up with the PL system should be sacked on the spot.

For example referee isn't sure whether he should give a penalty or not but has to make some decision in anycase. Then VAR uses two to three minutes to come up with a decision before the referee makes the symbolical jog to the screen and stays with whatever VAR had decided. Why can't the referee just raise his hand and admit that he's not sure and has to see it again. Ref runs to the screen, watches few replays and makes a decision. Would be so simple and faster than the current process and also gets rid of the weird respect VAR has for on-field referee's decision and the similarly weird respect on-field referee has for whatever VAR comes up with. VAR could still intervene with anything that the ref had clearly missed despite thinking he got it right.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

I am curious to if they simply guessed the keeper must have caught it at first, as it was nowhere near his hands at any point. 

Absolutely and it's understandable when the referee has to make some decision even if he didn't see it properly.

Seeing this angle in slow motion got me wondering whether Mitchell would get away with fouling Almiron here. Just after the header, and the position on the field suggests there is good chance it would not be given as DOGSO. We'd get a free kick, Mitchell would get a booking, and us fans would be denied a strong contender for our goal of the season.