Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I don't think we'll see him reffing another PL game for a few weeks. It was just all round odd.

He saw the foul and played advantage - great call

He saw Haaland play the pass

He saw Grealish receieve the pass

He saw Grealish run with the ball with just 1 defender and a GK to beat

... then blew his whistle to bring it back for a freekick

1 hour ago, OCK said:

I don't think we'll see him reffing another PL game for a few weeks. It was just all round odd.

He saw the foul and played advantage - great call

He saw Haaland play the pass

He saw Grealish receieve the pass

He saw Grealish run with the ball with just 1 defender and a GK to beat

... then blew his whistle to bring it back for a freekick

Just seen a replay of that incident.   It defies explanation.

Unbelievable.   

My thinking was he might have thought the defenders blocked it because he couldn't see right. 

In all likelihood it's probably just a brain fart though. I've got a lot more time for it than I do when it's getting it wrong having watched a replay. 

The only possible thing that I can think of that has even a remote chance of being correct in his brain is the fact he looked quickly and thought Grealish was offside. I know this wasn't the case but I think he panicked and brought it back because he thought Grealish was offside and if he let it go then City wouldn't have had any advantage and Spurs get the offside. He correctly let it go for 2 seconds saw the ball over the top, assumed he was off so brought it back so City at least got something from the situation rather than letting it go and having to call it offside thus giving City absolutely nothing.

I know Grealish was onside but it's the only thing that may explain it at the time. Does look dodgy af mind  

1 hour ago, midds said:

The only possible thing that I can think of that has even a remote chance of being correct in his brain is the fact he looked quickly and thought Grealish was offside. I know this wasn't the case but I think he panicked and brought it back because he thought Grealish was offside and if he let it go then City wouldn't have had any advantage and Spurs get the offside. He correctly let it go for 2 seconds saw the ball over the top, assumed he was off so brought it back so City at least got something from the situation rather than letting it go and having to call it offside thus giving City absolutely nothing.

I know Grealish was onside but it's the only thing that may explain it at the time. Does look dodgy af mind  

I don't think either of the linesman put their flag up though. It's extremely weird for a ref to call that from where he was. Var obviously can't do anything in that scenario. Weird for me, worse than a weird VAR call as he has no right calling that 

Edited by relámpago blanco

1 hour ago, Slim said:

This corrupt thing that gets said with every bad decision I don't understand.  How can they be corrupt with every team basically getting bad decisions.   

In theory, it doesn't have to be about favouring a specific team, just about satisfying the betting markets in some way.

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't think either of the linesman put their flag up though. It's extremely weird for a ref to call that from where he was. Var obviously can't do anything in that scenario. Weird for me, worse than a weird VAR call as he has no right calling that 

Oh, it's absolutely weird like, 100%. I'm just clutching at straws for reasons for him to blow when he did. I honestly can't think of anything else other than he was that scared of giving City nothing that leaving it another second would mean that too much time had passed and he couldn't bring it back. If that's not his reason then I'm officially out, no idea at all :lol:

Perhaps with it being Grealish the ref thought he'd just throw himself to the floor to try and win a freekick anyway, by which time the game might have been over, so the original free kick gave them the best chance.

Rebecca Welch will become the first female referee for a Premier League fixture when she officiates Fulham's match against Burnley on 23 December.

Welch, 40, began refereeing in 2010, and in January became the first woman to referee a men's Championship game.

Sam Allison will also take charge of a top-flight match in December, making him the Premier League's first black referee for 15 years.

He will oversee Sheffield United's match against Fulham on 26 December.

Pretty awesome this.