Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's now scored more league goal with us than he did with any other side :love:

Wiki reckons that was his 8th, he scored 9 with Marseille. What is impressive is that he's got there with 30 less appearances for us than he did for them.

He's an amazing player and he now looks to have everything back after his injury, he's even got more about him than he had last season.  Last season he was getting back but he wasn't going into tackles like he does now.  He's actually going in to tackles with everything he's got, he's putting his body into a tackle in a way that he wasn't last season because he knows that his leg can take it.  He loves the limelight and we've got to get him into games a lot more to get the most out of him.

He's a special player and I'm literally on my feet every time he gets near the ball because he's always capable of doing what no other player at the club is capable of doing.  He can do anything with the ball at his feet and he can get you points from games which have gone or are going away from you.

Guest Brendan_Rice

He's an amazing player and he now looks to have everything back after his injury, he's even got more about him than he had last season.  Last season he was getting back but he wasn't going into tackles like he does now.  He's actually going in to tackles with everything he's got, he's putting his body into a tackle in a way that he wasn't last season because he knows that his leg can take it.  He loves the limelight and we've got to get him into games a lot more to get the most out of him.

He's a special player and I'm literally on my feet every time he gets near the ball because he's always capable of doing what no other player at the club is capable of doing.  He can do anything with the ball at his feet and he can get you points from games which have gone or are going away from you.

Well said Mick, the guy is class. I Am trying to remember a player we have had at the club like him, struggling.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Beardsley on the left, Ginola on the right, Hatem in behind with Shearer feasting on loose balls. Our all time XI, offensively at least would probably score us 7 goals a game. Wed let in 6 ourselves but at least it'd be entertaining.

Beardsley on the left, Ginola on the right, Hatem in behind with Shearer feasting on loose balls. Our all time XI, offensively at least would probably score us 7 goals a game. Wed let in 6 ourselves but at least it'd be entertaining.

Nah Ginola on the left, Ben Arfa on the right and Beardsley in the middle.

I loved how happy he looked in his celebrations :aww:

Loved the little "bang bang" celebration :D it's like he knows he's the f***ing man now and is loving it.

Think it's time to give him the proper number 10 role he craves and let him just wonder around into space and make s*** happen.

I agree, just let him loose and watch it all unfold!

Trying not to make big irrational statements and being aware that the present can be a lot clearer than the past, but I'm now going to say it.

In my opinion, and I realise many others will disagree, over decades of watching Newcastle United, Hatem Ben Arfa is the most talented player I have seen in our shirt.

Previously I would have said Gazza.

Well said Mick, the guy is class. I Am trying to remember a player we have had at the club like him, struggling.

Beardsley or Ginola.

I reckon he is better than Ginola.  Certainly when it comes to end product.

Trying not to make big irrational statements and being aware that the present can be a lot clearer than the past, but I'm now going to say it.

In my opinion, and I realise many others will disagree, over decades of watching Newcastle United, Hatem Ben Arfa is the most talented player I have seen in our shirt.

Interesting, how would you rate Beardsley in comparison?

Tough one mind, I would say Beardsley, Gazza, Ginola and maybe Solano.

looking forward to see how Ben Arfa does this season.

Different of course, and it is difficult to compare players who both have sublime and unique talent.

Saying what I said is in no way meant to be detrimental to players like Beardsley, Gazza, Tony Green, Ginola etc, who were of course wonderfully gifted footballers, but I just think that HBA takes it to an even higher level as far as natural ability is concerned.

It's like he's a magician at times, doing things which are not really possible.

Different of course, and it is difficult to compare players who both have sublime and unique talent.

Saying what I said is in no way meant to be detrimental to players like Beardsley, Gazza, Tony Green, Ginola etc, who were of course wonderfully gifted footballers, but I just think that HBA takes it to an even higher level as far as natural ability is concerned.

It's like he's a magician at times, doing things which are not really possible.

:thup: