Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Seemed like he lost his mind after the send-off and looked well pissed off the rest of the match, getting in more tussles than I've ever seen him get into as well. Could tell he absolutely despised playing the Scum and wanted nothing more than to massacre them

I thought he did a pretty good job yesterday, alright he made a few silly fouls but generally speaking he was really disciplined and helped the team out. I bet Pardew was delighted with him in the circumstances.

I thought he did a pretty good job yesterday, alright he made a few silly fouls but generally speaking he was really disciplined and helped the team out. I bet Pardew was delighted with him in the circumstances.

Think the same as well. It's just a shame he has to play so deep.

Agree with Dave. We were on the defensive for 70 mins but he still showed his silky skills, carried the ball miles at times - recall him dribbling from the edge of his own box to deep into their half at one point.

Worked very hard defensively but isn't a defender by any stretch of the imagination and I think Rose had sussed out that he had the beating of him by the middle of the second half - perhaps why Pardew took him off.

I actually had to laugh a little bit of him against sunderland.

You know, he is a flair player, a maverick. But now he have become a team player, and works back as good as he can.

But as a first defender his pretty shit. Rush in, get skint, turn, hold shirt.

I love that he tries, and it helps the team taking some pace out of the attack.

I find his defensive style more cute than effective  :lol: :lol: :hom:

There's only so far he can dribble. At the moment, they are starting deep and ending halfway in the oppositions half. We need those dribbles to end in the oppositions box.

This pretty much sums up the situation perfectly.

Agree with Dave. We were on the defensive for 70 mins but he still showed his silky skills, carried the ball miles at times - recall him dribbling from the edge of his own box to deep into their half at one point.

Worked very hard defensively but isn't a defender by any stretch of the imagination and I think Rose had sussed out that he had the beating of him by the middle of the second half - perhaps why Pardew took him off.

The times he carried the ball and dribbled about relieved pressure from us massively and he also did his defensive job superbly. I thought he had a great game.

http://i.imgur.com/lHt2S.png

:aww: :aww: :aww:

Was sat smiling at work today when I saw that. Had to completley make up what I was smiling about when asked by a colleague moments later. Very difficult to explain to middle-aged marketing consultants in Stockholm why a picture of Hatem Ben Arfa and Adam Campbell make me smile.