Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I still have faith that he'll force himself into the team, regardless of Pardew's treatment. And all this "good as gone" bullshit can wait till the summer imo.

Hope you're right. Definitely agree on the second bit.

He should have started today, along with Abeid who should have came in for Perch.

Today of all days was screaming out for a tight 451.

There's a bit of hindsight in it but I agree. Pardew's initial line up was ripped apart within the first 10 minutes. What was even more bizarre that in the pre-match interview he was concerned about the size of Spurs players and their height rather than their football ability which is what actually tore us a new one. Tells you quite a lot about how he sees the game.

today of all days was the day he had to get 90 minutes. Open game where no matter who we played in central midfield we would be raped. We had to have players capable of magic like Hatem or even Abeid (who could take a shot from 50 yards ;) )

He is suffering a weal squad and without of best two CM players in the team Benny is always going to miss out.

He does lose the ball a lot and we have to face upto the fact that Pardew does not like that, in a stronger 11 Benny could play on the wing and I am hoping its what Pards has in mind.

Today we were chasing the game against a very good side, had it been 109 with 30 mins to gi I think he would have put HBA on and not Fergie but that scoreline was an impossible chase down and may have ended up a lot worse if Benny had came on and started losing the ball.

We need to play him left wing where he plays his best football, where he played when the football world started to notce him, if we don't he is going to want to leave.

Even if he plays against the Wolves,it would be his first match in 24 days.He won't be completely fit.

He should have played today for this reason.

Pardew is saying that he must work harder on the pitch(i don't agree with him),but he needs to be fit for doing this.He doesn't help him,i even think it's the opposite.

If Pardew wants to use the harsh method with him then he has to go to the bitter end and make him play even if his team is losing 4-0 or 5-0.

I agree with those who say that it's good if he waits until Tioté and Cabaye get back but it's not necessary to critisize him in the press and letting him on the bench after.

What's the aim of Pardew acting like this?

I think Pardew has done a very good job with Newcastle so far but i really don't understand what he expects from Ben Arfa.

Guest neesy111

He is suffering a weal squad and without of best two CM players in the team Benny is always going to miss out.

He does lose the ball a lot and we have to face upto the fact that Pardew does not like that, in a stronger 11 Benny could play on the wing and I am hoping its what Pards has in mind.

Today we were chasing the game against a very good side, had it been 109 with 30 mins to gi I think he would have put HBA on and not Fergie but that scoreline was an impossible chase down and may have ended up a lot worse if Benny had came on and started losing the ball.

We need to play him left wing where he plays his best football, where he played when the football world started to notce him, if we don't he is going to want to leave.

Mate, we were losing the ball everytime we went upfield any-case with no support for the front 2.  You are more likely to lose the ball if you lump it long than someone trying to run with the ball.

HBA please against Wolves. Ben Arfa's fan or not, it just makes sense.

Will be certain to start imo. I really think that with Cabaye and Tiote back, Pardew will be able to put more trust in Ben Arfa. The movement in midfield will be there and will be something Ben Arfa will thrive on imo.

Guest neesy111

HBA please against Wolves. Ben Arfa's fan or not, it just makes sense.

Will be certain to start imo. I really think that with Cabaye and Tiote back, Pardew will be able to put more trust in Ben Arfa. The movement in midfield will be there and will be something Ben Arfa will thrive on imo.

I hope this happens.

I doubt it 98% from my current understanding of how Pardew picks the team.

Mate, we were losing the ball everytime we went upfield any-case with no support for the front 2.  You are more likely to lose the ball if you lump it long than someone trying to run with the ball.

I agree with this. Also Ben Arfa usually loses it with three of them around him. Some of the other lads lose it against one opponent.

The situation is beyond baffling for me. If you wanted someone to watch Bale tonight, Jonas was your man, not Obertan. This opens the door for Ben Arfa to have a go at LW and cause some problems. Instead Pardew bottles it and goes with what he thinks is the safe option in Obertan. Who, for me was at fault for several goals today if his role was indeed to track the LB/LW of Spurs.

So half time was the chance to rectify this, we're 4-0 down, may aswell throw the guy on and see if we can salvage some respect. Instead he goes for someone who's far less experienced and in my eyes not as talented in Shane Fergusson, (who I do like and rate btw).

Finally, at 5-0 down and nothing to lose, the decision is made to bring on Gosling. Just cannot understand this at all. My last glimmer of hope is that Pardew wants to wait until Tiote and Cabaye are back so Ben Arfa can truly have a free role and not worry about defending, however I can't see it happening and as such can't see Ben Arfa lasting here. Which is a massive, massive disappointment for me.

End of rant :lol:

agree sadly

I still have faith that he'll force himself into the team, regardless of Pardew's treatment. And all this "good as gone" bullshit can wait till the summer imo.

I hope I'm wrong, but the player isn't going to put up with another season of this and the manager either doesn't rate him or I suspect more likely they have fallen out. He'd be mad to stay under the current circumstances, he's never had a run of games and we're in February of his second season here. Another season like this one will damage his career unless he starts getting games very soon - there's only 13 games left. Pardew is happy to give players like Perch, Raylor, Guthrie, Ameobi and Obertan a run in the team yet when we've got injuries and we're getting embarrassed on the pitch he turns to Ferguson and Lovenkrands to come on. You can guarantee there'll be other clubs monitoring the situation.

He definitely deserves a chance after all these things.  The problem, which I think some of you should agree, is that he probably won't perform well and get dropped again. HBA is too inconsistent. When he plays bad, it's so bad that the whole team could stop functioning. This is the exact opposite of Obertan, who did create spaces and let other parts of the team keep on functioning.

I sincerely hope the lad do well, I hope he can be our definite starter from now on, but I can't deny Pardew has a valid point to drop him.

I don't believe this losing the ball / workrate stuff.  Something is wrong behind the scenes between Pardew and Ben Arfa.  We play Obertan who loses the ball, contributes sod all offensively and defensively and play long balls forward which gifts the opposition possession yet Ben Arfa is singled out?

Guest michaelfoster

He has every right to f*** us off and put a transfer request in.

He should show some loyalty after how we looked after him during his injury tbh, if he does start pissing about and moaning then tell him to put a transfer request in.