Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest michaelfoster

He was really poor in his 30 minute cameo today, was trying to do far too much and most of the time lost the ball due to keeping it for too long. His first touch he managed to get the ball tangled between his feet, he ran the ball out of play twice and a poor pass at the very end he gave the ball away in our own half and a decent team who could score would of punished us for it.

He was really poor in his 30 minute cameo today, was trying to do far too much and most of the time lost the ball due to keeping it for too long. His first touch he managed to get the ball tangled between his feet, he ran the ball out of play twice and a poor pass at the very end he gave the ball away in our own half and a decent team who could score would of punished us for it.

There were also about 3 points in the game where he got the ball, looked up and there was not a movement made by those ahead of him. It was more noticeable when Shola was on like.

There were also about 3 points in the game where he got the ball, looked up and there was not a movement made by those ahead of him. It was more noticeable when Shola was on like.

basically every time he got the ball i noticed that. Also he quite often is surrounded by 2-3 opposition players. We should be using that to our advantage, it leaves space for others if they bother to run into. Now they either think Hatam is too selfish to pass to them or they just can't be bothered.

you see neej, thats where you're talking shit, those,THOSE ? he only ever had ba ahead of him.

Guest neesy111

If people are going to have a go at HBA then they should be blaming 50% of the staff at NUFC for what happened today.  Scapegoat if I ever seen one.  Created more than anyone in the last 2 game did for themselves for starters.

you see neej, thats where you're talking s***, those,THOSE ? he only ever had ba ahead of him.

I can't work out whether that's a dig at me, a dig at Pardew's tactics, a dig at Shola or all three. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Another case of bring him on, expect him to pull a rabbit out the hat and when he doesn't it's all his fault.

Played Pards.

This.  What did Ryan Taylor do..........

Bloody right he was trying to do too much, he was our only chance of winning the game.

Exactly. With Jonas unable to find a way past Zubar and our two CMs not pushing forward, the only thing Ben Arfa could have done was tried to go past players or take shots. He failed but he looked dangerous and had our two best chances of the half.

If people think that is poor then what must they think about the half that Demba and Jonas put in? They were completely invisible.

Can't believe some people are thick enough to be turning on Ben Arfa.

Guy has been treated like absolute shit, looking more and more like Pardew just wants rid of him and is never going to give him a real chance. I'll be fucking gutted if he goes, one of the most talented players I've seen at the club and we're just going to toss him away while playing rubbish footballers like Ryan Taylor and Obertan ahead of him.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to continue to support Pardew if he does get rid, what sort of manager doesn't even want to try and use a talent like that?

Am I the only one who think the other players around HBA aren't that willing to give support when HBA is having the ball?

We're set up to just launch it long in general, the movement off the ball is shocking which is a large part of why Ben Arfa ends up going it alone so much. Cabaye for example should be getting into far more advanced spots than he does with Tiote alongside him to play as the holding man, but he sits incredibly deep.

He's not cut out to play in our current style of play unfortunately, fully expect he'll be off in the summer and if we're lucky we might sign someone better than Obertan to be an option down the right.

Guy has been treated like absolute shit, looking more and more like Pardew just wants rid of him and is never going to give him a real chance. I'll be fucking gutted if he goes, one of the most talented players I've seen at the club and we're just going to toss him away while playing rubbish footballers like Ryan Taylor and Obertan ahead of him.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to continue to support Pardew if he does get rid, what sort of manager doesn't even want to try and use a talent like that?

Why are you listing right sided midfielders ahead of Arfa ?

"Ben Arfa spent three years at the academy and, upon leaving, signed with Olympique Lyonnais, where he won four Ligue 1 titles. In his early career at Lyon, he played as a centre forward"  He spent 1994-2008 In a CF position. It was only then he switched to RW. He himself prefers CF and doesn`t really like RW.

As I see it part of the deal signing was to be used as a Centre Forward.  Its Ba and Cisse getting ahead of him which is justified in my eyes. I think if we get into Europe you will see alot more of him.

Also He has spent most of his career as a substitute from what I have read. He has had only about 150 senior appearences scoring about 20 goals. I think he is a talent but not what some people are making him out to be.

Whatever Pardew's been saying publicly seems to be rubbing off with the majority of half-wits that sit around me.

Some of the shite labelled towards him when he was being brought on was mind boggling.

Couldn't believe the fucking crowds groan when he was stood facing 2 players on the edge of the box, with his only option (other than take them on) to play it back to Danny fucking Simpson.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I gave the end of the game another quick watch; he's clearly feeling the pressure to produce and is mentally frail. Garrincha had it right.

Guest neesy111

Couldn't believe the fucking crowds groan when he was stood facing 2 players on the edge of the box, with his only option (other than take them on) to play it back to Danny fucking Simpson.

The time when Simpson decided to cross with his left foot (considering he can't cross with his right....)  :jesuswept:

His first effort that flew wide was really impressive.  He did try too much at times but tried to (and did) make things happen and so sometimes things didn't come off.  He worked hard going backwards, as he often does, sadly he just isn't very good defensively.  There seems to be a perception in some quarters that he doesn't try.  I just don't see it.

Beyond obvious he should be starting instead of Ryan Taylor at home to Wolves.

Absolutely gutted that he's gonna be forced out of nufc by Alan Pardew. I wonder which one will have more success after they leave the club. Pardew's managed to fuck this up beyond belief, twat.