Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

We had a poor defence, a lack of goals in the team, and had just finished 11th.

Listen, Ba came very, very good; Marveaux and Obertan have yet to significantly contribute and Cabaye and Santon are still finding their feet. It evens out.

"Listen" :lol:

i'm not sure what's happening here man - it's the wrong thread for a start but i agree with taylor, if ba hadn't been as good as he'd been (which few expected) we'd be mid table at best, where's the controversy?

oh, and pardew imo has done little do aid ba being so good...ba's done a lot of it on his own

Isn't the point Ronaldo is making kind of exactly the same point then?

If Bellamy hadn't turned out as good we'd have been midtable back then as well?

i don't agree with his assessment, SBR would have found another route, i don't believe pardew has it in him

Our football was good and we made chances due to the way we played. Bellamy was a key player in that but he was part of a well constructed attacking style which utilised pace and movement brilliantly. I think that's what's missing from the current team which is the point that was being made.

Take away the star strikers of any side and theyll have a harder time scoring goals & do worse. Applies to everyone.

Yeah but distribution of goals is dreadful in the current side. Most other sides have 3/4 players chipping in with goals.

Ironically Hba is the one mf we have who has shown he can score goals.

Think the difference is that Robson rated Bellamy and bought him because of that. We got Ba because he was free and no other reason. If he'd cost us a penny in transfer fees, I don't think he'd be here so from that point of view you could say Pardew lucked out that the cheap option turned out to be good but you've still got to give a manager some credit for any player's performances if they're consistently good as much as you would blame him for someone else being consistently poor.

Think the difference is that Robson rated Bellamy and bought him because of that. We got Ba because he was free and no other reason. If he'd cost us a penny in transfer fees, I don't think he'd be here so from that point of view you could say Pardew lucked out that the cheap option turned out to be good but you've still got to give a manager some credit for any player's performances if they're consistently good as much as you would blame him for someone else being consistently poor.

Not as much as he rated Jeffers. ;)

And I'm sorry, it's nonsense to say that we only got Ba as he was free (or 2m fees etc). The club/Pardew knew his qualities enough to take a (still fairly expensive) risk on him, one which has so far paid off.

And I'm sorry, it's nonsense to say that we only got Ba as he was free (or 2m fees etc). The club/Pardew knew his qualities enough to take a (still fairly expensive) risk on him, one which has so far paid off.

People will always bring up the Jeffers or Cort deals as a way to compare Bobby unfavourably, but it's missing the point really. He had a football philosophy which meant he rated talent over work rate as we saw with Robert. We saw it with his insistence on signing Bellamy despite all the risk and the doubters. And we saw it when he said loud and clear that Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan were no replacement for the likes of N'Zogbia and Given.

Like I said, this player or that player taken in isolation means nothing. It's the football philosophy that matters and SBR's was second to none and light years ahead of Pardew.

i don't agree with his assessment, SBR would have found another route, i don't believe pardew has it in him

No he wouldn't. We were a crock of shit the seaon before and the signing of Bellamy and Robert transformed us completely.

Also SBR wasn't averse to pissing the fans off with his treatment of Fans Favourites/gifted and talented players IE Nolberto Solano.

No he wouldn't. We were a crock of s*** the seaon before and the signing of Bellamy and Robert transformed us completely.

Also SBR wasn't averse to pissing the fans off with his treatment of Fans Favourites/gifted and talented players IE Nolberto Solano.

We were shit long before Bobby arrived, he came here and we looked like going down but he managed to get to 11th in his first season with no money.  That crock of shit season had us finishing a place higher than we did last season.

People will always bring up the Jeffers or Cort deals as a way to compare Bobby unfavourably, but it's missing the point really. He had a football philosophy which meant he rated talent over work rate as we saw with Robert. We saw it with his insistence on signing Bellamy despite all the risk and the doubters. And we saw it when he said loud and clear that Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan were no replacement for the likes of N'Zogbia and Given.

Like I said, this player or that player taken in isolation means nothing. It's the football philosophy that matters and SBR's was second to none and light years ahead of Pardew.

fact was Bobby brought loads of duds, way more than good players. i for one is glad we got rid of Zogbia and failed to sign him back.  The kid is a just whiny little shit, got great talent but his bad attitude far out weighs his skills.

craig bellamy was never really a risk, he got a loud mouth but on the pitch on the training ground he always gave 100 percent and works his socks off, its no surprised we only had problems with him when souness was managing.

fact was Bobby brought loads of duds, way more than good players. i for one is glad we got rid of Zogbia and failed to sign him back.  The kid is a just whiny little s***, got great talent but his bad attitude far out weighs his skills.

craig bellamy was never really a risk, he got a loud mouth but on the pitch on the training ground he always gave 100 percent and works his socks off, its no surprised we only had problems with him when souness was managing.

Of course Bellamy was a risk, he was a player who had one season in the Premiership with relegated Coventry and had scored 6 league goals, I thought Bobby had gone mad when we signed him.

fact was Bobby brought loads of duds, way more than good players. i for one is glad we got rid of Zogbia and failed to sign him back.  The kid is a just whiny little s***, got great talent but his bad attitude far out weighs his skills.

Of course Bellamy was a risk, he was a player who had one season in the Premiership with relegated Coventry and had scored 6 league goals, I thought Bobby had gone mad when we signed him.

when i first heard the deal was done, i thought it was an excellent deal, at the time ive seen bellamy play on the wings before and thought he would be perfect for us, he could play as a forward or on either side of the wings, his pace was incredible just what we needed.  one thing did surprise me , he scored alot more goals than i expected of him.

We'd have got nowhere near the Champions League if Bellamy hadn't turned out to be outrageously good. Who cares?

Sorry, missed all this after making the original comment.

I merely brought it up, I wasn't suggesting we would be much worse, I just feel it's worth considering. The guy has about half of our total league goals. While I accept that that's what strikers should aim for (it's their job, after all) no-one was really expecting this sort of quality from him. The fact he's done it with the atrocious service is even more baffling.

He's right like, you can't hold Ba being good against Pardew ffs.

who is?  that's not the point THE OTHER FELLA was making imo

the other fella mis-quoted partridge, that makes him wrong about everything

Please forgive me :okay:

Please, please, PLEASE play him on the left vs te scum.

Jonas on the right to man mark that Mclain or whatever the fucks called. Tiote to sort Sesspitegnon. Then Hatem to pulverise the inbred cunts.

Guest VaVaVoom

Jonas on the right to man mark that Mclain or whatever the fucks called. Tiote to sort Sesspitegnon. Then Hatem to pulverise the inbred cunts.

I just hope he starts regardless. I dont think Jonas will be moved to the right any time soon, i agree he should be just dont think it will happen. If anything the two of them should alternate sides.

Ben Arfa HAS to start and i think its a game he will relish tbh.

Jonas on the right to man mark that Mclain or whatever the f***s called. Tiote to sort Sesspitegnon. Then Hatem to pulverise the inbred c***s.

I just hope he starts regardless. I dont think Jonas will be moved to the right any time soon, i agree he should be just dont think it will happen. If anything the two of them should alternate sides.

Hasn't he came out and said he cannot wait for it or something?

Jonas on the right to man mark that Mclain or whatever the f***s called. Tiote to sort Sesspitegnon. Then Hatem to pulverise the inbred c***s.

Hasn't he came out and said he cannot wait for it or something?

I'm sure he can't. He will have a front row view.

This has gone beyond playing abillity now. Of course he would destroy them, just like he'd have eventually destroyed Wolves and most of the teams in this league. Of course we're more dangerous and threatening with him. But Pardew has made his mind up about him and we'll just have to put up with it - he prefers hard working grafters with slightly better Prozone numbers.