Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Wullie has got to be the most depressing poster on here.

Think that comment was tongue in cheek humour tbf.

It was, but his posts tend to be depressing anyways. Nearly always very negative.

It was, but his posts tend to be depressing anyways. Nearly always very negative.

Nearly always very accurate.

Maybe, but you can be accurate without being negative, sometimes.

You are a terrible poster when you arent trying to be funny tbf. Wullie contributes more in the sense he has something to add, be it in the negative way. 

What I don't quite understand is why people seem to think you can only have talent or hard work. Beardsley combined both and Ben arfa isn't fit to lace his boots. There is no reason why Ben arfa should be exempted from hard work because he is talented. He should be encouraged (or told) to work for the team and get on with it.

What I don't quite understand is why people seem to think you can only have talent or hard work. Beardsley combined both and Ben arfa isn't fit to lace his boots. There is no reason why Ben arfa should be exempted from hard work because he is talented. He should be encouraged (or told) to work for the team and get on with it.

Care to point to some examples where he hasn't worked hard for the team?

We should nuke the site from orbit tbh. :lol:

You are a terrible poster when you arent trying to be funny tbf. Wullie contributes more in the sense he has something to add, be it in the negative way.

No, I just have a bit of optimism, albeit it may not be realistic at times, but if you didn't have optimism you wouldn't get anywhere in life.

Wullie is an intelligent poster, I just wish I had seen more of his up-beat posts. Many on here just come on for a whinge and that's not why I follow football, tbh.

Wasn't really the point - more pointing out that it is perfectly acceptable to expect talent and industry.

Funny definition of depressing - thinking that we've got a potentially astonishing footballer on our books who can rip the bastards apart if we let him.

I would prefer Demba Ba to play ahead of Lovenkrands too because he's fucking brilliant. Is that negative too? ???

I wouldn't say Wullie was depressing fwiw, I think a lot of of his posts are are slightly tounge in cheek, or an exaggeration of his views though, especialy in the heat of the moment (and I agree with a lot of what he says).

I'd say you were the same Heza, just from the complete opposite end of the spectrum (i.e from a more positive viewpoint of things).

Wasn't really the point - more pointing out that it is perfectly acceptable to expect talent and industry.

The point is that it's perhaps a bit of a myth that HBA is lazy.  Also you don't get many players with the flair of Beardsley that will chase down every ball like a total lunatic.  For example Bergkamp was clearly a pretty impeccable professional but you could be forgiven for thinking he was a bit aloof at times.

Suppose I'm saying it's not black and white, just because he doesn't work as hard as Beardsley doesn't mean he doesn't put the work in that you'd expect of a flair player.

I wouldn't say Wullie was depressing fwiw, I think a lot of of his posts are are slightly tounge in cheek, or an exaggeration of his views though, especialy in the heat of the moment (and I agree with a lot of what he says).

I'd say you were the same Heza, just from the complete opposite end of the spectrum (i.e from a more positive viewpoint of things).

Wullie's the best football poster on here imo, might be because I share a lot of his views mind.

Wullie's the best football poster on here imo, might be because I share a lot of his views mind.

I agree, Beren too (from a purely Newcastle perspective).

I can see how others will take comments like "Pardew is a coward" the wrong way though, although I agree wit it in the sense of "He won't start Ben Arfa because he is scare of us folding defensively due to his (over exagerated) lack of defensive ability". Obviously though someone else will see it differently.

Funny definition of depressing - thinking that we've got a potentially astonishing footballer on our books who can rip the bastards apart if we let him.

I would prefer Demba Ba to play ahead of Lovenkrands too because he's f***ing brilliant. Is that negative too? ???

I didn't specifically mean this thread, fwiw. I don't disagree that Ben Arfa should be getting more of a chance.

That's probably the case tbf. Maybe I just take too much good from things...

I feel like this guy has been walking on glass and rusty nails all season, wary of cutting himself. Regardless of whether he starts or is a useful substitute (I feel he is at his best as the "first substitute", though we don't have anyone that should keep him out the team), I just want a situation where he can play freely and without constantly being under so much pressure. Bewteen fan expectation, Pardew's reluctance to use him, and Hatem's own self-belief and arrogance, it feels like the World Cup final every time he steps on the pitch for us. This is even the case against Championship teams such as Wolves.

I don't expect the good looking players to work as hard tbf.