Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Bloody typical he'll probably start against Arsenal at the Emirates. Likely outcome is that our entire team hardly touches the ball in the entire game, he takes the flak for it and is binned back down to the bench for the visit of bloody Norwich.

It's a worrying proposition and one not without precedent.

Best position is a free role, outwide he is great but easy to double up on, not that helped the SMB mind :lol: But in a free role team would really struggle to cope with him.

I'd like to see him start on the right with freedom to roam and Jonas being more strict on the other side to provide balance.

Hopefully Pardew agrees  :lol:

Simpson is poor enough with cover infront of him, if Benny starts right he has to play right.. a free role wound have to be behind a front two with a three man midfield behind him.

When has Simpson had cover in front of him?

Its a fair point but would Jonas playing RW make Simpson a better player?

We need a LB, not having one is really causing so much unbalance to the team and costing Benny games.

Guest bimpy474

My massive worry about the game at Arsenal is, if Pardew continues with hoofball then HBA isn't going to see the ball, assuming he plays.

So if HBA's performance isn't eye catching then it gives Pardew the excuse to drop him aganst Norwich in the game after, which would show Pardew has a massive lack of common sense, and i really will begin to start hating the blokes style of management.

My massive worry about the game at Arsenal is, if Pardew continues with hoofball then HBA isn't going to see the ball, assuming he plays.

So if HBA's performance isn't eye catching then it gives Pardew the excuse to drop him aganst Norwich in the game after, which would show Pardew has a massive lack of common sense, and i really will begin to start hating the blokes style of management.

Quite a few have said similar things, and I'll add my hat to this particular ring.

in the second half to be fair.

Don't forget that Pardew changed the style of play when he brought Ben Arfa on yesterday.

did he, how ?

We played the ball a hell of a lot more on the floor in the second half to be fair.

The nutmeg on Richardson at 1:52 was amazing, been wanting to see that again.

I just wish he'd crossed it in at that time when he go in the box after taking on McClean and nutmegging Richardson again :lol:

Those highlights just prove even more to me he has to start every game.  His control will get even better (as will his decision making).  He does hold on to it too long sometimes, although as his team mates get to know him, this will improve as he will have better options.

Having said all that, I am not sure anyone will ever work out what he is going to do next! Tino anyone?

Imagine this guy under a manager like Keegan or Robson.

The freedom to play would be brilliant BUT I am not to sure they would have been right for him behaviour wise. He does require a tougher manager, still think Pards will get the very best out of him, next season when we have a complete back four Benny will rule the league.

Aye, wouldn't rule it out and I'll be fucking furious if this is what happens.

Every time Hatem made a pass, he was wanting to get Tiote on the ball, particularly when Simpson had it. Lovely to see him trying to dictate things.

Yup. When he's on the pitch he tends to marshall the midfield, and you can always see him pointing to players to move or come short. Love seeing that. Love the way he decided to switch the play that ultimately created the chance we scored from. That little dinked pass to Jonas that started the move was a thing of beauty.

Imagine this guy under a manager like Keegan or Robson.

The freedom to play would be brilliant BUT I am not to sure they would have been right for him behaviour wise. He does require a tougher manager, still think Pards will get the very best out of him, next season when we have a complete back four Benny will rule the league.

Don't see him being anymore of a mission to handle then Ginola or Robert.

Guest hatem garrincha

From his iterview in FF :

<<I feel ggod here, I don't want to leave England. The real football is here, with the passion, the fervor, the crowd.

I've already played at Milan, Madrid, Barcelona, but it really is here that I feel myself the best on the pitch. . Do you realize that when Newcastle went down, the players had done a lap of honnor under the fan's applauses in the last game ?** In fact, the hardest here is the langage. There're too many French on the pitch.>>

** Is it true ?