Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

There was other evidence to suggest that Ben Arfa is ready to continue where he left off in the second half of last season, too, and he was beaming from ear to ear when he spoke to nufc.co.uk outside the away dressing room at Victoria Park.

"It was nice to be back on the pitch," he said as he conducted the interview entirely (and eloquently) in English - another sign of how he has truly adapted to life in England over the last few months.

"I'm very happy that I played 45 minutes and I feel very good, and now I'm going to step it up to be ready quickly."

Despite not playing for Newcastle since last season's final game at Everton, the former Marseille man insisted that he has worked to maintain his fitness even during his summer break.

No monkey business, if you will.

"I was in the Euros and I've stopped for one month, but I ran on my holiday and I kept playing football with my friends," he explained.

"And now I feel good, but I'm going to take it step by step.

"It was most important to be on the pitch, to feel the sensation, to get back to feeling the pitch.

"When you play a game, it's most important to feel the sensation of the ball and with your team-mates."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120807/ben-arfa-back-with-a-bang_2281670_2874656

:love:

Anyone know how he did? (I dunno how much coverage this game got)

should have scored.  Seemingly decided to stop and piss about when he had the opportunity of a 2-yard tap in.  Aside from that, okay but not amazing.  Could tell he hasn't played for a while.

Went on one canny run and it looked like Hartlepool were prepared to kick lumps out of him to stop him.  Seemed to stop after that.

Anyone know how he did? (I dunno how much coverage this game got)

should have scored.  Seemingly decided to stop and piss about when he had the opportunity of a 2-yard tap in.  Aside from that, okay but not amazing.  Could tell he hasn't played for a while.

Went on one canny run and it looked like Hartlepool were prepared to kick lumps out of him to stop him.  Seemed to stop after that.

Ah right, cheers. :thup:

Hatem, Jonas, Marveaux, Sammy. 

Full backs are in for a hard time against us this season.

Sammy. :lol:

Not a bad shout tbh.  :lol: I remember us using him v ManCity last season when we went on an attacking formation. He can do the leg work that Ba was trying to do in the left side last season.

What ever happened to Fergie though?  ???

"He's not far away. In his mind he's probably ready. Whether we think he's ready for the first game I dont know. He's obviously gonna have huge significant part this season."

-AP on nufc tv

Have to admit this pisses me off a bit as well, ironically enough it seems to be his second name that makes people think he's ready.

Ryder is a f***ing helmet. He spent most of last season cracking on about Ben Arfa not working hard enough, not being quick enough for the Premier League and that NUFC would never be where they were in the league if they had to carry him.

All the while bumming Ryan Taylor. The utter f***ing goon.

Worse than that.  I remember him running a one man campaign on that horrible blog of his about Raylor arguably being 'our player of the season'

You what? :lol:

He was championing him at every oppourtunity.  Name dropping in articles, saying he was a 'shock' candidate for player of the season.  Went on about it for a couple of weeks. 

The man really is a fucking idiot  :lol:

Having now watched Ben Arfa live, and Neymar live, I can categorically confirm that Ben Arfa is better than Neymar.

:lol: I know what you mean, but wait until Neymar is 25 and have had some years in Europe.

But that being said, from a technical perspective, there are not many players better than HBA. I adore him  :aww:

Have to admit this pisses me off a bit as well, ironically enough it seems to be his second name that makes people think he's ready.

Really meant in the sense that he likes to get straight at full backs and take them on. We are blessed with several players who can dribble in tight situations.

Funny word "dribble" - it's almost as if it was created for Rowan Atkinson to use in a Blackadder episode.

"Ben Arfa came too my house about 15 years ago as an exchange student. Not only was he rude and slapped my mum, he also went home with my dog and also my goldfish so i dont have any respect for this lad at all, Heard the reason why he fell out with the french squad is cause he's tried taking their pets aswell. Sounds to me like he needs too get his priorities right, c'mon ben arfa sort it out..."

:lol:

Hatem Ben Arfa hopes Newcastle can challenge for title‎

ChronicleLive - 41 minutes ago

Hatem Ben Arfa of Newcastle United ... And in a confident claim, the French playmaker believes that Newcastle United CAN challenge for the top honours this ...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/08/hatem-ben-arfa-hopes-newcastle-can-challenge-for-title-72703-31573508/