Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

But the Frenchman took it upon himself to drag them back into the game with 59 minutes played when he cut in from the left and smashed a right-foot shot high past keeper Brad Guzan and into the top corner.

Pardew said: "Hatem is a wonderfully-gifted footballer. I didn't actually realise it was his right foot until I just watched the replay because I didn't expect him to hit it with that power.

"He has got exceptional power in amongst all his technique and as I say, he has been our best player from the start of the season.

"In training, he is our best player and on the pitch, he is our best player at the minute.

"When we get three or four like that, we are a really, really good side. Unfortunately, we haven't at the moment, we have got one or two just below that."

Dunno, i'm an idiot.

Mind, was so ball-achingly obvious that he was going to spoon the free-kick he got minutes later. :lol:  It's not something you can ask him to stop though - if you take away his exuberance, you'd have half the player. This is the lad that had a shot from a corner minutes after a wondergoal against Blackburn. I suspect he'll always be like that.

Guest nufc1892

Think he was poor first half, better second

First half he kept trying to take 3 players on and was being dispossessed, his passing was poor, and corners were awful all afternoon, looked pretty disinterested. Second half was much better.

I loved how happy he looked in his celebrations :aww:

Loved the little "bang bang" celebration :D it's like he knows he's the fucking man now and is loving it.

Think it's time to give him the proper number 10 role he craves and let him just wonder around into space and make shit happen.