Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He says maybe he should leave if there is no ambition. Not signing a single 1st team player last summer is pathetic for an ambitious club. In fact, it's not a sign of ambition at all.

I love that he loves us but if he thinks we're becoming bad for his career we've lost him.

We signed Anita tbf who is looking class. But I agree, far from the level ambition we need to show the likes of HBA and Cabaye that we're ever going to go places.

I'm actually really heartened by it. He loves us and the love we show him, turned down better clubs in the summer and is concerned about our progression and ambition. He's great.

How can you be heartened knowing the club aren't that ambitious?...

I'm actually really heartened by it. He loves us and the love we show him, turned down better clubs in the summer and is concerned about our progression and ambition. He's great.

Eh? I already knew that. I'm heartened that our best players care about it as well instead of just wanting to fuck off at the first available opportunity.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm with Dave on this one. He wouldn't be the player he is without wanting us to be better, and without ambition we won't ever get better.

Eh? I already knew that. I'm heartened that our best players care about it as well instead of just wanting to f*** off at the first available opportunity.

But that's what he's basically threatening to do after his first full season with us... I like my players to do their talking on the pitch...

Really good comments from Ben Arfa. It's good to know he loves it at Newcastle.

Meanwhile, he's firmly established and expressed the same opinions that we are of. He's also stated what it would take for him to ask for a move. I for one think he has every right to do so and he's formulated himself in a very respectful and reasonable manner. However, what I fear is that his expectations will never, ever be met at this club.

Eh? I already knew that. I'm heartened that our best players care about it as well instead of just wanting to f*** off at the first available opportunity.

But that's what he's basically threatening to do after his first full season with us... I like my players to do their talking on the pitch...

He was here all last season you know. When we finished 5th.

The first available opportunity would have been the summer, or this January. He says he's already rejected approaches from bigger clubs than NUFC. He's saying what any self-respecting senior player will be thinking. Why stay here if the ambition is so low?

I seriously wonder what kind of rotting process is taking place in HBA's head.

The club is fighting in a relegation battle, we lost Ba, we've been massively decimated by injuries, we struggle to get players in, we're about to lose our captain and one of our best players and you can't think anything better to say that you'd like to play for PSG? ffs

This is another symptom of the mental illness fans have where they assume that players' statements in the media are all unsolicited and apropos of nothing, as though the media mill is powered by players arbitrarily ringing up journalists to offer their opinions on subjects of their choice rather than being asked a series of questions and having their answers pruned and edited.

He was asked a question about PSG, being a known PSG supporter, and said that obviously it'd be great to play for them one day but his mission now is to help Newcastle. Short of refusing to answer the question he couldn't have been much more diplomatic.

People do this about managers they dislike all the time - Big Sam used to cop a lot of vitriol when an opinion of his would appear in the press. "Why won't he shut up instead of getting on with his job?" or whatever. Because part of his job is to answer questions put to him by journalists you bunch of abject spackers.

That is top, top abuse. Cap doffed sir  :lol:

:lol: I read all that and then burst out laughing at that last sentence. Superb.

:lol: Same. It was like he was trying so hard to be patient and reasonable but just lost it at the end.

Exactly. Still won't stop the mongy element among our supporters having him away as soon as someone comes in for him. Extremely honest in what he says.

He was here all last season you know. When we finished 5th.

The first available opportunity would have been the summer, or this January. He says he's already rejected approaches from bigger clubs than NUFC. He's saying what any self-respecting senior player will be thinking. Why stay here if the ambition is so low?

Your last sentence is what I was questioning in the first place... How do you find this heartening?...

For the record it was last season I was referring too when I said he's had one full season with us... Previous season was wiped out with his leg break and this season he's had 2 long spells out with hamstring injuries... So he's only really had one window of opportunity to move and as that was off finishing 5th I don't see the self sacrifice of his... Also for the record I'm a massive fan of HBA the player...

Because a small part of me hopes the people in charge will take notice. You obviously think he's off in the summer.

That makes more sense... I didn't until he made them comments hence me feeling a little disheartened with it coming out the same time as Remy heading to QPR... I wonder how much regret the club has over the summer transfer window... You'd would like to think deep down they care or have some interest in the club...

"In Newcastle they really like French players. They still speak a lot about Laurent Robert. I really love Newcastle. It's the only club that's given me this responsibility, this love. I feel really loved by the fans. There's everything you need to be happy in England, even at say QPR or Everton. But I'm ambitious and I want to win trophies. I won trophies at lyon and marseille. That's why I said if there's no ambition then I'll leave. There was contact with Chelsea and Arsenal last summer but it didn't happen because I wanted to stay at newcastle. Today those clubs are better than us. But if we sign players we can catch up with them."

:'( :( :weep: :'( :( :weep: