Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Slippery Sam

Last half an hour please, and hopefully don't aggravate his hamstring so he's ready for the derby....

:megusta:

Surely he will start??  There surely must be a slight risk in him, fitness-wise and recurring injury, so to have to sub a sub is something we must avoid?

Last half an hour please, and hopefully don't aggravate his hamstring so he's ready for the derby....

Surely he will start??  There surely must be a slight risk in him, fitness-wise and recurring injury, so to have to sub a sub is something we must avoid?

Start against Benfica?

I doubt Pardew will risk him again after last time.

You've lost me.

To clarify, I want him to get the final 30 mins or so v Benfica, and maybe a start in the derby if he's ready for it.

Guest VanBarduck

This is where he cements himself as a great, this game will known as that Ben Arfa game :megusta:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/megusta.png

Admittedly, I still have my worries about his long term fitness but in any case, welcome back Hatem :thup:

He's going to be on the bench imo. He'll either come on at half time or the 60th minute mark if we're chasing a goal/still in the tie.

More than likely going to be wildly off the pace if he does play.

:lol: That's the spirit!

Expecting little or the worst tends too work quite well when supporting this lot I've found.

It's going to be like tonight. Camera constantly focusing on Hatem as the game wears on. 1-0 up with 30 minutes to go... Hatem goes to warm up and the crowd cheer...he takes off his top and the crowd roar...off comes Gutierrez and Hatem sprints on to the pitch...

Falls down clutching his hamstring and is stretchered off for Gabriel Obertan. We go on to draw 1-1.

Have the medical team actually identified the problem which caused him to be unavailable after the Fulham/Anzhi games? ???

If it happens a third time, it'll be pretty ludicrous.

Wasn't it just the scar tissue in his hamstring causing him pain?

That is what Pardew said so i imagine so.

Oh now I feel reassured :lol:

In all seriousness though, what is to stop the same scar tissue giving him grief again? Be interested to know, but hopefully it all works out fine.

Wasn't it just the scar tissue in his hamstring causing him pain?

That is what Pardew said so i imagine so.

Oh now I feel reassured :lol:

In all seriousness though, what is to stop the same scar tissue giving him grief again? Be interested to know, but hopefully it all works out fine.

I know he talks a lot of crap but should ( in theory !) know more about what's going on than we do :lol: