Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

"At half-time I told Hatem: 'You need to seriously think about what you're doing because you're slowing us down and making poor decisions.' Then he produces a moment of magic. Hatem can win games at any level."

Crackers. :laugh:

"At half-time I told Hatem: 'You need to seriously think about what you're doing because you're slowing us down and making poor decisions.' Then he produces a moment of magic. Hatem can win games at any level."

:lol: Geeeeeeet the fuck out of here. He never ever said something that nuts.

:jesuswept:

To be fair, it worked. HBA delivered 2 earlier crosses in the second that led to fantastic chances that should have been buried. Nothing wrong with Hatem varying his game up a bit at times, I'd like to see him run at players the majority of the time but the odd early ball etc. to mix things up is no problem.

Hoof it, Hatem.

Sounds like an epic title for a series of books for children revolving around a maverick protagonist and his overbearing manager.

Hoof It Like Hatem, the story of an Asian girl playing football for Alan Pardew against her parents will.

Hoof it, Hatem.

Sounds like an epic title for a series of books for children revolving around a maverick protagonist and his overbearing manager.

Hoof It Like Hatem, the story of an Asian girl playing football for Alan Pardew against her parents will.

:lol: I'd watch that

To be fair, it worked. HBA delivered 2 earlier crosses in the second that led to fantastic chances that should have been buried. Nothing wrong with Hatem varying his game up a bit at times, I'd like to see him run at players the majority of the time but the odd early ball etc. to mix things up is no problem.

Yep, during that run of games during the season when we finished 5th we scored quite a lot of goals that way.

I love the guy but i thought he was pretty frustrating in the 1st half. Plenty of times he should have played it early to Debuchey who's made a good run and would have put in an early cross but HBA held onto it, twisted and turned and it all came to nowt.

Everyone looked better when Remy came on though. Everyone!

Yeah Remy made a big difference when he came on. His pace and movement helped HBA because it suddenly opened up the pitch. Before that it was too much of the give it to HBA and hope something happens. I like the fact he's quoted as saying he worked hard in training given his poor shooting in the last match. He'll only get sharper the longer he stays injury free.

Also tbf to Pardew he's managed Ben Arfa really well since he's been here. There is a work rate in him now which he simply never had in his Lyon / Marseille days.

I seem to remember him putting a decent shift in against Everton on his debut, maybe he was just trying to impress but he was up and down the pitch all game.

Guest Roger Kint

He was right, first half he was 40 yards too deep and shooting from a mile out or just losing it. Was walking sometimes with the ball it was a waste. Clear as day the second half around the box he was fast, direct and the best player on the pitch. Still Pardew spoke so lets jump on it.....

Still plays for us.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1006/q75.gif

Amazed at this....now can we see out January with him too? When you see some of the others bought in this window, for daft money, can't fathom out no interest in him. Head and shoulders our best player and head and shoulders above some of the players who have moved too. imo.