Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Head coach finally realises that one of our most important players.................is actually a nice guy.

What has he been doing for the past 2-3 years? Not talking to Hatem? What the fark is going on?

Why put 100% of the blame on Carver? Ben Arfa is not exactly well known for being an easy character to get along with. Just ask all his previous managers.

I think it's fairly clear the problem is Ben Arfa here and not every fucker else like people make out :lol:

We can blame Pardew, Carver, senior players and whoever else but Ben Arfa clearly has his own issues and it's up to everyone else around him to deal with them. I've always thought for him to have some sort of split personality disorder and be a complete loner  :laugh:

I think it's fairly clear the problem is Ben Arfa here and not every f***er else like people make out :lol:

We can blame Pardew, Carver, senior players and whoever else but Ben Arfa clearly has his own issues and it's up to everyone else around him to deal with them. I've always thought for him to have some sort of split personality disorder and be a complete loner  :laugh:

Awful post :lol:

Aye because it goes against the grain of Hatem is God and Newcastle have ruined him :lol:

He's still easily my favourite player but i'm well aware he's no innocent angel and people need to accept he needs to take a fair share of the blame as well.

:lol: nah it's more the fact you've attributed him with a mental health problem and called him a loner based on one quote. Surely the managers job is to manage personalities? Is it not l?

That's me clearly joking, hence the 'big laugh' at the end. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a loner though. Rarely turns up to the training camps away, hardly ever pictured around players houses', he's either a loner or just shit on FIFA that he doesn't get an invite. Was he even at Colo's party? :lol:

Yeah course it's the managers job, and it's difficult one to do with characters like Ben Arfa.

Maybe if the manager managed to play positive football with Hatem in it for a longer period to find form might make the team and HBA better and him a happier and easier boy to manage...

People are mental here. You get chastised for either being blinded by your love for HBA so he can do no wrong or being a sheep that laps up Pardews every word.

Maybe people just have different opinions about what they want from a player and can formulate these using their own logic and experiences of supporting/watching football for xxx amount of years.

For me, against any team outside of the top 5 he should be an automatic starter. If he gave a shit and kept himself in shape so he could help track back if necessary then he starts against the top teams as well.

If he acts like a child so doesn't keep himself in shape cos he's not being played then if he's benched that's the life of a professional footballer and he needs to sort his attitude.

:serious:

Like who is he mates with? You generally know which players are good friends etc... I'm not sure with Ben Arfa  :lol: Seen majority of players out in town on nights out, never bumped into Hatem, i'd probably get too star struck to say anything to him though  :aww:

Guest neesy111

Like who is he mates with? You generally know which players are good friends etc... I'm not sure with Ben Arfa  :lol: Seen majority of players out in town on nights out, never bumped into Hatem, i'd probably get too star struck to say anything to him though  :aww:

Maybe he doesn't like going out.....

Your making a ridiculous amount of assumptions here.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sure he's a pain in the tits to manage, and maybe to be the teammate of, but I'm absolutely sure all that stuff would dissipate if he was just allowed to start games, in his preferred position, playing his preferred role. He is good enough to do it, so let him do it.

I'm not saying that. Just he's never pictured doing anything with the team, it just gives me a bit on inkling that he's not popular amongst the players and a bit of loner. Just a complete guess as like i say usually you can tell with footballers who they are close mates with, but with him i have no idea.

Now Carver coming out and saying he's actually a nice lad if you talk to him, suggests even he has had his problems with him, guessing he's not the only one either.

People are mental here. You get chastised for either being blinded by your love for HBA so he can do no wrong or being a sheep that laps up Pardews every word.

Maybe people just have different opinions about what they want from a player and can formulate these using their own logic and experiences of supporting/watching football for xxx amount of years.

For me, against any team outside of the top 5 he should be an automatic starter. If he gave a shit and kept himself in shape so he could help track back if necessary then he starts against the top teams as well.

If he acts like a child so doesn't keep himself in shape cos he's not being played then if he's benched that's the life of a professional footballer and he needs to sort his attitude.

Good post, I doubt the situation is anywhere near as simple as many make out. On either side of the fence.

There are definitely aspects of his character that make him difficult to manage, here isn't the only place he's struggled with that. And I can understand why professional coaches can't or won't subscribe to the 'just play him anyway and it'll sort itself out' approach.

That said though, we should be doing absolutely everything to make sure he's in the right frame of mind and feels trusted to do the business. He's our best player by a mile. If we're not doing that it's a mistake and a failure on our part, just hard to know unless you're close to it.

Until this season there was a fairly strong argument that Pardew was managing him well. Maybe something has got worse, who knows. Let's hope he's back for a while either way.

I'm not saying that. Just he's never pictured doing anything with the team, it just gives me a bit on inkling that he's not popular amongst the players and a bit of loner. Just a complete guess as like i say usually you can tell with footballers who they are close mates with, but with him i have no idea.

Now Carver coming out and saying he's actually a nice lad if you talk to him, suggests even he has had his problems with him, guessing he's not the only one either.

Brett on some amateur psychologist s*** tbh

:snod:

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/newcastle-united-1-crystal-palace-6867326

Like Pardew, John Carver is one of those who has grown frustrated at Ben Arfa in the months since he signed. It is hard not to feel sympathy for those who work with him day in and day out, who probably witness a player of extraordinary talent occasionally failing to maximise it.

But on days like Saturday, they can be match winners. “He is a maverick type player,” United’s assistant boss admitted of a player who has been coping with the illness of his mother recently.

“I cast my mind back to when Chris Waddle played. You would think looking at him, sometimes he was up for it, sometimes he was not. (You would think) was he in the mood?

“Hatem is like that. He is a flair player. But you do get a sense that you know where he is before the game has started. In the dressing room, you know if he is focussed or not and today I thought he was really focussed. Before the game, he was concentrating on what he had to do.

“He actually listened to the instructions when he went on and did what we asked him to do.”

I recall seeing some footage from a French TV programme which I think was at Cabaye's house with the other French players around for the evening and Ben Arfa was there.

:lol: Remember watching that. The amount of shit I've watched that's all in French over the past few seasons man

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/newcastle-united-1-crystal-palace-6867326

Like Pardew, John Carver is one of those who has grown frustrated at Ben Arfa in the months since he signed. It is hard not to feel sympathy for those who work with him day in and day out, who probably witness a player of extraordinary talent occasionally failing to maximise it.

But on days like Saturday, they can be match winners. “He is a maverick type player,” United’s assistant boss admitted of a player who has been coping with the illness of his mother recently.

“I cast my mind back to when Chris Waddle played. You would think looking at him, sometimes he was up for it, sometimes he was not. (You would think) was he in the mood?

“Hatem is like that. He is a flair player. But you do get a sense that you know where he is before the game has started. In the dressing room, you know if he is focussed or not and today I thought he was really focussed. Before the game, he was concentrating on what he had to do.

“He actually listened to the instructions when he went on and did what we asked him to do.”

:lol:

So if you decide by the way he's in the dressing room whether he's having a good game or not, and he looked fired up on Saturday, why didn't he start then? Fuck off John Carver. Much more likeable under Sir Bobby no wonder Bellamy wanted to beat the fuck out of him.