Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Amir_9

If we are to even have a slight chance of winning this today, Shola needs a good day, but most importantly our left-flank will need a top performance from Jonas and Davide Santon to keep Valencia quiet and hit them on the counter.

Barring Shola playing, I'm reasonably happy with that side.

So am I because I've given up all delusions that we are attempting to play passing football. At least this is a team which is designed for it's purpose. Hump it high and give the Manc cb's a good battering.

Pardew's went from not wanting to change a winning side to making a lot of strange changes that nobody else in their right mind would.

The Ben Arfa situation's getting more ridiculous every week.

Well that's because we're a losing side

:lol: Erm well yeah, I have been following it. 

I think most people expected us to have to falter and/or get injuries for Ben Arfa to get a fair crack of the whip, yet it's still not happening.

21:15 The Magpies haven't posed much of an attacking threat since going a goal down just after the break. So the silver-haired Pardew shuffles his pack for the first time and brings off the impressive youngster Santon for the more attacking Obertan. Ryan Taylor will presumably revert back to left back for the remainder of the match as here come Man Utd again...

21:22 Ben Arfa was warming up, but it's Sammy Ameobi who will be coming on for his older brother Shola - to try and get something for the Geordie faithful.

21:45 We're deep into stoppage time now. Man Utd will be keeping the pace on Man City if they can just hold this one-goal lead. Newcastle can barely get the ball, mind you, with so many tired legs out there. They've put in a real shift. Pardew opts to bring on Nicky Butt ahead of Ben Arfa for these final few seconds. The substitute Obertan the man to be replaced.

21:46 Full-time: Newcastle United 0-5 Manchester United

SkySports reporting the proper team now.

Lindegaard

Valencia    Jones    Ferdinand    Evra

Carrick      Giggs

Nani                                    Park

Rooney

Berbatov

But but but Dave said otherwise!

Eh? I got it from Twitter, where it was retweeted by a number of journos.

Aye I know but I take your word as gospel, you're always right. Granted, this isn't your fault in any way :lol:

SkySports reporting the proper team now.

Lindegaard

Valencia    Jones    Ferdinand    Evra

Carrick      Giggs

Nani                                    Park

Rooney

Berbatov

That looks like a team now... like a decent team indeed. Not like a stupid team from a stupid manager. Fearing...