Zambia win 2012 African Cup of Nations

TRC

One of my best mates is Senegalese and so I'm gutted for him - mind you he did say they would be shite, so it's hardly a shock, his money's on Ghana -  but I can't wait to have Demba back and to see him and Papiss do together.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I just cannot wait to see the back of Ameobi.

There you go

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49215000/jpg/_49215005_ameobi1.jpg

Very funny.

I am deeply embarrassed by you people and your reactions to Guinea's second goal. Anyone would think you don't wish success on our players outside the domestic sphere. You all need to take a hard look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself if Demba Ba would be happy if he knew you had just cheared a goal for the team he's playing against. Maybe next time he's in a black and white shirt he might remember these reactions and 'accidentally' screw a shot wide. I for one will be sad to see Ba and Cisse have their dreams of a trophy ended. Shame on you.

They get a chance every two years man.

Switched it to next year this time, so all this palaver again in 12 months (I hope).

I am deeply embarrassed by you people and your reactions to Guinea's second goal. Anyone would think you don't wish success on our players outside the domestic sphere. You all need to take a hard look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself if Demba Ba would be happy if he knew you had just cheared a goal for the team he's playing against. Maybe next time he's in a black and white shirt he might remember these reactions and 'accidentally' screw a shot wide. I for one will be sad to see Ba and Cisse have their dreams of a trophy ended. Shame on you.

They get a chance every two years man.

Switched it to next year this time, so all this palaver again in 12 months (I hope).

They might not even qualify if the way they played in these two games is any thing to go by.

I've got mixed feelings. Sooooo relieved that we got 2 Dembas coming home and that I won't have to watch Shola jog over the pitch anymore. It's been awful without Ba. But at the same time I'm quite disappointed for them both. Not because I support Senegal or anything, but because it would be great having players coming back pumped up with confidence. They could have established how great they play together, scored a few goals and just beaming, feeling invincible. Maybe I'm overestimating how important a good run is for a player, but I just hope they won't cease in their superiority now that neither was able to score for their country.

Demba tweeted yesterday "For me success in football is all about being strong mentaly!!!"

I hope he is that strong mentally and won't allow this to bring him down even an inch.

P.S.

Don't be disrespectful on twitter! They are probably gutted

You have a point. They could come back determined to prove themselves that they are really good or we could get a Rooney/Torres post world cup syndrome which would be a complete disaster!

They would probably be physically, emotionally, and logistically challenged when it comes to this match. They have a match three days prior in Equatorial Guinea that will be their third in 9 days not including intensive friendlies and training that accompany international competition. It is also unlikely that they would leave the same day as the match and it is a fairly long flight. They may very well be back on Tyneside in time for Wednesday, but not in condition to play straight away.