NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Phil K

Longer we wait to sign the more difficult (and perhaps expensive) it's going to be. Desperation at the last minute we don't want

We won't get M'Vila. Better prospects than playing for a club in a mess like us are there for him. Like Arsenal for one.

Whats wrong with getting a couple of loans to steady the ship ?

If it did come down to it and we had to sell one of our 'assets' to improve the team as a whole then Tiote would be the easiest to replace.

If we could get say £12m and MA would give us £8m of that to spend to put back into the squad we could improve at CB whilst also getting a replacement CM.

Longer we wait to sign the more difficult (and perhaps expensive) it's going to be. Desperation at the last minute we don't want

We won't get M'Vila. Better prospects than playing for a club in a mess like us are there for him. Like Arsenal for one.

Whats wrong with getting a couple of loans to steady the ship ?

It would make perfect sense but Ashley has some retarded way of looking at loans (ie he only sees what money we could make from it rather than the benefit to the squad).

Sure he compared it to renting a house.

Après avoir enrolé le latéral droit de Lille Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle aimerait recruter cet hiver d'autres joueurs évoluant en Ligue 1. Et selon nos informations, l'une de leurs cibles prioritaires n'est autre que Florian Thauvin, le jeune attaquant de Bastia. Le joueur, qui est sous contrat jusqu'en juin 2014, a inscrit deux buts en 16 matches lors de la première moitié de saison. Le club corse n'était au départ pas vendeur mais comme il a besoin de liquidités, la donne pourrait changer.

Par ailleurs, les Magpies ont toujours des vues sur l'attaquant de Lorient Jérémie Aliadière, sous contrat, lui, jusu'en 2015. Le joueur ne serait pas contre un retour en Angleterre alors que les Merlus ne verraient pas ce départ d'un bon oeil. Loïc Rémy (OM) serait également dans le viseur du club anglais.

Doe's fit what Pardew is on about.

He said the CB chase will depend on how much will spend on a forward i heard he has a clause in his contract of 4m euros.

So in theory Buying him and Remy shouldn't be a problem but you never know with these idiots.

Doe's fit what Pardew is on about.

He said the CB chase will depend on how much will spend on a forward i heard he has a clause in his contract of 4m euros.

So in theory Buying him and Remy shouldn't be a problem but you never know with these idiots.

Then pre-contract Douglas and sell Williamson in the summer :hmm:

Après avoir enrolé le latéral droit de Lille Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle aimerait recruter cet hiver d'autres joueurs évoluant en Ligue 1. Et selon nos informations, l'une de leurs cibles prioritaires n'est autre que Florian Thauvin, le jeune attaquant de Bastia. Le joueur, qui est sous contrat jusqu'en juin 2014, a inscrit deux buts en 16 matches lors de la première moitié de saison. Le club corse n'était au départ pas vendeur mais comme il a besoin de liquidités, la donne pourrait changer.

Par ailleurs, les Magpies ont toujours des vues sur l'attaquant de Lorient Jérémie Aliadière, sous contrat, lui, jusu'en 2015. Le joueur ne serait pas contre un retour en Angleterre alors que les Merlus ne verraient pas ce départ d'un bon oeil. Loïc Rémy (OM) serait également dans le viseur du club anglais.

2 goals in 16 matches :scared:

Guest bimpy474

This is not a player we need right now, good as he maybe. We need a proven centre back who needs no time to settle.

If we are signing a midfielder it has to be a box to box player like sissokho. We don't need any more defensive or deep lying midfielders.

This, we're fine for defensive mids even without Tiote, we need someone to connect the ball to the strikers

This is not a player we need right now, good as he maybe. We need a proven centre back who needs no time to settle.

Agreed, although he has been starting all season in Ligue 1. It's not as if he's a kid who we are plucking from a youth team.

None the less i do agree i would much rather someone with a bit more experience with the situation we are in.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/06/alan-pardew-s-pledge-on-more-new-signings-79310-32551880/

Alan Pardew's pledge on more new signings

Jan 6 2013 by Neil Cameron, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew insisted new signings would be made – and soon.

A threadbare United side crashed out of the FA Cup with a 2-0 defeat at Brighton yesterday.

With 10 first-team players out, the Magpies put up a poor show against the Championship outfit.

But Pardew insists new recruits are on the agenda.

He said: “I would like to see a player come through the door over the next week. I never thought we would be in this situation in the summer.

“We have been terribly unlucky. But we do hold our hands up because we should have brought in two more players to give us cover – we haven’t hid from that and we are suffering because of it.

“But the window is open now and we need to help the squad. The board are going to help me.”

Pardew refuted the suggestion that he deliberately fielded a weakened team.

He said: “The only one I could have played at the start was Sylvain Marveaux who I thought could help us late in the game.

“We wanted to put a better side out for fans, but were not able to it.

“I love this competition. I wouldn’t think there was another English manager who loves it as much as me.

“I have had great experiences in it.”

Shola Ameobi’s second-half red card, and the reaction of Brighton’s David Lopez to the challenge, disappointed Pardew.

He said: “The foul was nothing, but the opposing player took a look up and started to roll around.

“I was disappointed in that because I don’t think Shola caught him.

“I thought the referee wasn’t going to send him off, but he did and it affected the game.”

James Perch is now a doubt for the trip to Norwich next week.

However, Fabricio Coloccini, who had a hamstring strain and Cisse with a calf problem should make it.

Pardew said: “I couldn’t risk those players today because of the situation we are in.

“The most important thing for us, I’m afraid, is our Premier League status.

“We have put ourselves in danger, and we’re not hiding from that, so we need our best players back.”

Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Jonas Gutierrez at least have a chance of making the Carrow Road match.

No rumours or potential transfer targets named but Pardew is pretty much stating that we will definitely be buying players. I hope he's right.

Guest bimpy474

Agreed, although he has been starting all season in Ligue 1. It's not as if he's a kid who we are plucking from a youth team.

None the less i do agree i would much rather someone with a bit more experience with the situation we are in.

I'm just thinking of a young lad coming into the Premiership where he will do so much more heading and seeing more of the ball in the air, a game played faster than he is used to. May take him time to settle down to our football, like it did with Colo, and Colo was older and wiser, having played in Italy and Spain previously.

Hahaha we could just sign him and an experienced player too :lol: Oh the mentalness of that.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/06/alan-pardew-s-pledge-on-more-new-signings-79310-32551880/

Alan Pardew's pledge on more new signings

Jan 6 2013 by Neil Cameron, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew insisted new signings would be made – and soon.

A threadbare United side crashed out of the FA Cup with a 2-0 defeat at Brighton yesterday.

With 10 first-team players out, the Magpies put up a poor show against the Championship outfit.

But Pardew insists new recruits are on the agenda.

He said: “I would like to see a player come through the door over the next week. I never thought we would be in this situation in the summer.

“We have been terribly unlucky. But we do hold our hands up because we should have brought in two more players to give us cover – we haven’t hid from that and we are suffering because of it.

“But the window is open now and we need to help the squad. The board are going to help me.”

Pardew refuted the suggestion that he deliberately fielded a weakened team.

He said: “The only one I could have played at the start was Sylvain Marveaux who I thought could help us late in the game.

“We wanted to put a better side out for fans, but were not able to it.

“I love this competition. I wouldn’t think there was another English manager who loves it as much as me.

“I have had great experiences in it.”

Shola Ameobi’s second-half red card, and the reaction of Brighton’s David Lopez to the challenge, disappointed Pardew.

He said: “The foul was nothing, but the opposing player took a look up and started to roll around.

“I was disappointed in that because I don’t think Shola caught him.

“I thought the referee wasn’t going to send him off, but he did and it affected the game.”

James Perch is now a doubt for the trip to Norwich next week.

However, Fabricio Coloccini, who had a hamstring strain and Cisse with a calf problem should make it.

Pardew said: “I couldn’t risk those players today because of the situation we are in.

“The most important thing for us, I’m afraid, is our Premier League status.

“We have put ourselves in danger, and we’re not hiding from that, so we need our best players back.”

Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Jonas Gutierrez at least have a chance of making the Carrow Road match.

No rumours or potential transfer targets named but Pardew is pretty much stating that we will definitely be buying players. I hope he's right.

Yes until the middle of January when he says definitely 1, maybe 2. Then at the end of the window, maybe 1. Hahaha.

Either incredibly lazy from the media or incredibly lazy from our scouting department that we are only going for French players this window.

I might be wrong but i have a feeling that in the situation we are in, buying french is a lot easier than buying anywhere else.

Because it's easier to convince them to come because you're be playing with national team mates.

I think thats how they are looking at it, France is basically the safety net and we think we can attract frenchies easier than anyone else.

Guest bimpy474

Either incredibly lazy from the media or incredibly lazy from our scouting department that we are only going for French players this window.

I might be wrong but i have a feeling that in the situation we are in, buying french is a lot easier than buying anywhere else.

Because it's easier to convince them to come because you're be playing with national team mates.

I think thats how they are looking at it, France is basically the safety net and we think we can attract frenchies easier than anyone else.

Isn't it our way of paying the whole fee up front, a lot of clubs in France need the money i think. Just guessing a bit there mind.

Yup, French players are cheap & on low wages predominately so that's a plus and Ligue 1 is arguably the most similar continental league to the PL. Plus a lot of the players who play there are big, powerful types rather than just being technical players.

Bit of a shame like IMO but I'm a whingey cunt.

I'm just thinking of a young lad coming into the Premiership where he will do so much more heading and seeing more of the ball in the air, a game played faster than he is used to. May take him time to settle down to our football, like it did with Colo, and Colo was older and wiser, having played in Italy and Spain previously.

Hahaha we could just sign him and an experienced player too :lol: Oh the mentalness of that.

Agree the only difference being from what i have heard that unlike Colo, he's strong, aggressive and quick.

Think that is something that could help him adapt quicker than Colo did.

None the less we should be buying this kid and an experienced old head as well :lol: can't have too many players though we might get into debt.

Can't have that era of Shepherd rearing it's ugly head again now can we :lol: