NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Remy loss is a blow to #nufc, who spent a month working on deal. Frustrating, but hard to speed along/work in private when Marseille angling for as much cash possible & player/agents keen for options. Still got targets, but won't pay daft wages or buy bodies for sake of it, they say. Believe they've discussed Ajax's De Jong, but they don't think he's going anywhere this month.

Think most of us knew this to be the case and fair play to us getting the groundwork in early; still a right kick in the knackers though.

Remy loss is a blow to #nufc, who spent a month working on deal. Frustrating, but hard to speed along/work in private when Marseille angling for as much cash possible & player/agents keen for options. Still got targets, but won't pay daft wages or buy bodies for sake of it, they say. Believe they've discussed Ajax's De Jong, but they don't think he's going anywhere this month.

Off to the relegationometer!

Surely eventually if they think a player will add to the squad and cover weaknesses they must realise that there's a strong chance that given its january and given the situation they're in they're probably going to have to pay more than they'd like re transfer fees? Too much financial risk if we go down,.

That's the problem with us - we seem to spend ages working on a deal and then QPR jump in and sort it out at their end in 48 hours.  They are going to have to speed up if they want several more players in this window.

Well, we could go their route and hang around waiting for other clubs to strike deals for players you might fancy, match their offers, and then offer inflated wages to hopefully turn the agents head.

Frankly though, I think I prefer our less cunty, more thoughtful route.

Still a couple of weeks left but we've got to make something happen.

Appreciate we might have put time and effort into the Remy deal but there was no guarantee he was going to join us. You'd hope we'd have alternatives scouted and lined up.

A relatively out of from Cisse  with Shola and Ranger as back up is a horrific thought.

Still a couple of weeks left but we've got to make something happen.

Appreciate we might have put time and effort into the Remy deal but there was no guarantee he was going to join us. You'd hope we'd have alternatives scouted and lined up.

A relatively out of from Cisse  with Shola and Ranger as back up is a horrific thought.

Especially as there's not many goals in our other attacking players bar Ben Arfa.

Not positive from George with regards to anyone else coming in. :(

Not bringing in players for the sake of brining in players haslead to our weak squad this season, and will be an absolute disaster of a policy if we don't replace Ba and bring in a CB of decent caliber not to mention potentially replacing Colo.

Where is this butland story came from?

Only place i've seen it is on sky sports website, they have us in the betting to sign him this window. I think that is it

Chronicle lead story: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=newcastle-eye-birmingham-keeper-jack-butland%26method=full%26objectid=32600209%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

At the end of the day our hierarchy will have to accept paying over the odds for a few players this window, that is if they are serious about reinforcing the squad. It’s due to their poor planning over the summer that we are here in the first place.

I don't believe they will ever accept paying over the odds for players. They'd rather just not reinforce, or get younger players in and hope that someone steps up.

At the end of the day our hierarchy will have to accept paying over the odds for a few players this window, that is if they are serious about reinforcing the squad. It’s due to their poor planning over the summer that we are here in the first place.

I don't believe they will ever accept paying over the odds for players. They'd rather just not reinforce, or get younger players in and hope that someone steps up.

I'm wondering if they are willing to gamble the stupidly large amount of money the premier league teams will be getting next season.

Guest neesy111

I'm wondering if they are willing to gamble the stupidly large amount of money the premier league teams will be getting next season.

I think they are.

The answer is probably yes.

Not sure where you people get this confidence from. I severely doubt the current board will ever do anything that is above their current means.

Why would they?