NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle plot bold £9m swoop for Ajax playmaker De Jong

By SIMON JONES

PUBLISHED: 09:04, 15 January 2013 | UPDATED: 09:07, 15 January 2013

Newcastle are planning to bring the brilliant Ajax captain Siem de Jong to the Premier League in a £9million deal that will show their transfer ambition.

De Jong, 23, is a playmaker who can play either in midfield or attack. He can also play as an old fashion No 10 and his capture will excite the Newcastle fans.

He has scored seven goals in 18 league games this season and this Swiss born attacker would light up St James’ Park.

Although a relegation battle appears to be looming, this is no panic bid by Alan Pardew. Instead he sees De Jong as a player who will bring a turnaround in their fortunes.

De Jong played in the Champions League earlier this season, with Ajax pitted against Manchester City, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in a tough group.

The Dutch international netted three times in two games against City as Roberto Mancini's men were sent crashing out.

Scroll down to see a video of De Jong's best moments at Ajax...

Skipper: De Jong took over the Ajax captaincy from Jan Vertonghen

He has two years remaining on his Ajax contract and while wages wont be a problem to Newcastle, sources in Holland say he is eager to run down his deal and move on a free.

Pardew and his team of scouts will have to overcome that and convince him now is the time to move to the powerful Premier League.

Pardew is planning a push on the Champions League places next season and wants to pack his team with more quality. It is understood he is particularly keen to link De Jong with French midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Money talks: Pardew hopes to make a statement with the signing of De Jong

Pardew also wants to show Cabaye - missing for much of the season with injury - that Newcastle are prepared to buy big.

With QPR winning the signing of French forward Loic Remy from Marseille, the move for the much-wanted De Jong is Pardew’s next move.

De Jong is being pursued by German Bundesliga clubs and his brother, Luuk already plays for Borussia Monchengladbach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262633/Siem-Jong-transfer-target-Newcastle-United.html#ixzz2I2BxwXed

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting, I know a lot of people disregard anything written by the mail but for me they are the best of a bad bunch when it comes to knowing our transfer dealings.  Off the top of my head they were first to report on Tiote'sand Santon's transfers. Maybe there is something in this.

By SIMON JONES

Newcastle are planning to bring the brilliant Ajax captain Siem de Jong to the Premier League in a £9million deal that will show their transfer ambition.

De Jong, 23, is a playmaker who can play either in midfield or attack. He can also play as an old fashion No 10 and his capture will excite the Newcastle fans.

He has scored seven goals in 18 league games this season and this Swiss born attacker would light up St James’ Park.

Although a relegation battle appears to be looming, this is no panic bid by Alan Pardew. Instead he sees De Jong as a player who will bring a turnaround in their fortunes.

De Jong played in the Champions League earlier this season, with Ajax pitted against Manchester City, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in a tough group.

The Dutch international netted three times in two games against City as Roberto Mancini's men were sent crashing out.

He has two years remaining on his Ajax contract and while wages wont be a problem to Newcastle, sources in Holland say he is eager to run down his deal and move on a free.

Pardew and his team of scouts will have to overcome that and convince him now is the time to move to the powerful Premier League.

Pardew is planning a push on the Champions League places next season and wants to pack his team with more quality. It is understood he is particularly keen to link De Jong with French midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Pardew also wants to show Cabaye - missing for much of the season with injury - that Newcastle are prepared to buy big.

With QPR winning the signing of French forward Loic Remy from Marseille, the move for the much-wanted De Jong is Pardew’s next move.

De Jong is being pursued by German Bundesliga clubs and his brother, Luuk already plays for Borussia Monchengladbach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262633/Siem-Jong-transfer-target-Newcastle-United.html#ixzz2I2BxwXed

Interesting, I know a lot of people disregard anything written by the mail but for me they are the best of a bad bunch when it comes to knowing our transfer dealings.  Off the top of my head they were first to report on Tiote'sand Santon's transfers. Maybe there is something in this.

Thats 2 out of 10,000 players they've linked us with over the past few years

Reads like it's been written by Llambias himself, that article. :lol:

Not sure why the captain of Ajax would want to come here mind.....Ironically i can only think for the money. How are they getting on in the league this year?

Reads like it's been written by Llambias himself, that article. :lol:

Not sure why the captain of Ajax would want to come here mind.....Ironically i can only think for the money. How are they getting on in the league this year?

3rd currently. Within touching distance of PSV and Twente.

By SIMON JONES

Thats 2 out of 10,000 players they've linked us with over the past few years

2 more than the others.

Mail were the first to report Wise coming to the club as well. Best of a bad bunch when it comes to us.

I'd take De Jong, never been massively amazed when i've seen him play but he's got superb technique, leadership and a big game attitude. Will know Krul and Anita as well.

Would also like to see us try for Ailton from Terek, wouldn't cost a lot and would give us another option from the bench. Similar sort of player to Ben Arfa, but a bit more direct and raw.

Mail were the first to report Wise coming to the club as well. Best of a bad bunch when it comes to us.

I'd take De Jong, never been massively amazed when i've seen him play but he's got superb technique, leadership and a big game attitude. Will know Krul and Anita as well.

Would also like to see us try for Ailton from Terek, wouldn't cost a lot and would give us another option from the bench. Similar sort of player to Ben Arfa, but a bit more direct and raw.

28 and big wages I'd have thought.

On the subject of Ailton, just had a look at the original's wiki. Fuck me, talk about a journeyman.

RE: De Jong I think we'd have to play 4-4-1-1 to accommodate him, he's not going to start at 9 ahead of Cisse and from what I've seen doesn't look mobile enough for wide areas in the way we'd dictate.

Here we go, everyone arguing over where De Jong would fit in our team and we havent even made a bid for him, never mind the fact that Ajax would probably refuse to sell him in the January window anyway, particularly for the sort of money we would bid.  Its not going to happen period!

Agree absolutely - we have just lost out to a smaller club in the transfer market yet people are being taken in by a club story of going for one of Ajax's best players - whose brother, incidentally, turned us down last summer.

I've heard of grabbing at straws but this is ridiculous - surely after the last 6 months, people should only get excited about possible transfers when the player signs and appears at a press conference ...

This is NUFC, run by the Chuckle Bros, we are talking about..!

Awww naaaw not the excitement police ...

Honestly feel like were fucked now with no backup. It's actually genius by QPR, nab the player we want who should help them climb the table whilst at the same time dragging us further into the shit.

De Jong seems realistic because although he is captain, as someone mentioned, he doesn't seem to be as highly thought of as the likes of Christian Erikksen, Alderwider, and some of the other recent Ajax prospects.

The one thing I like about him, which is probably why he 's their captain, is the gusto he plays with. Bit like Dirk Kuyt in that sense. We could certainly do with some character in the team.

Also doesn't seem an unrealistic target at £9 million. According to transfermrkt's value, whcih is usually quite accurate. They have his value at £7 million.

I would take De Jong all day long at the moment, would add some much needed creativity behind Cisse and would also be a goal threat and while isn't a traditional CF he can play there.

Something like this i'd imagine.....

Cabaye-Tiote/Anita

Ben Arfa De Jong Marveaux

Cisse

Or 3 in midfield with De Jong floating from the left sort of like Silva for City, either way at the moment i'd be delighted with that because i expect nothing after Remy.

28 and big wages I'd have thought.

On the subject of Ailton, just had a look at the original's wiki. f*** me, talk about a journeyman.

RE: De Jong I think we'd have to play 4-4-1-1 to accommodate him, he's not going to start at 9 ahead of Cisse and from what I've seen doesn't look mobile enough for wide areas in the way we'd dictate.

That the ex APOEL Ailton? Met him on a few occasions. Superb player and a superb attitude. His entourage consists of some family members. Utter fuckwits.

Moleman bloody loves tactics. He bloody loves them.

Nothing to do with tactics, just interested to see how we would line up if we signed someone like that we would have to change in some way at least.

We all know Pardew doesn't have the foggiest idea what tactics are anyway :yao: