NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Is Gomis versatile?

Not really, think Carroll but probably better technically and quicker.

Its probably not quite an apt comparison, but anyway he's a big CF who bullies defenders.

It's exactly what we need especially now Cisse is staying. Cisse up top by himself just doesn't work and I don't think Pardew could get an effective 433 with hba and say Remy working well enough to stick with. 2 up top doesn't always have to be 442 either.

Aye agree which is why i have been behind the deal ever since i heard about it..... desperate for a target up there.

He's not bad with the ball at his feet either, i would like Remy too as none of our forwards really stretch defences and run in behind.

Is Gomis versatile?

Its probably not quite an apt comparison, but anyway he's a big CF who bullies defenders.

It's exactly what we need especially now Cisse is staying. Cisse up top by himself just doesn't work and I don't think Pardew could get an effective 433 with hba and say Remy working well enough to stick with. 2 up top doesn't always have to be 442 either.

Aye, exactly right, imo. I think unless we get a winger if we get Gomis losing Ferguson may make us weaker.

Is Gomis versatile?

Aye agree which is why i have been behind the deal ever since i heard about it..... desperate for a target up there.

He's not bad with the ball at his feet either, i would like Remy too as none of our forwards really stretch defences and run in behind.

Gomis, Remy & Cisse...I'd be happy with us going in to the season with that and the rest of the squad. Bloody joke as it could be done for about £15m as well. :(

Same place Bent would, fighting for a starting spot with Cisse.

Bent has the pace and PL experience to do it, though.

Gomis is quick, pace won't be an issue. PL experience is neither here nor there.

I'd rather have a better quality of player and a player who provides things we don't have.

If Papiss stays and we get Remy, we'd really be better off with a young striker to compete for the central position.

No, we'd be better off with proven players.

Maybe, depending on who they are. My main worry with signing someone like Bent is that we'll end up playing 442, which really doesn't suit our personnel.

Same place Bent would, fighting for a starting spot with Cisse.

Bent has the pace and PL experience to do it, though.

I don't mind Bent. I think Gomis can offer us more though in terms of fitting into the team and playing with Cisse if we go 4-4-2, however it is a gamble and we would have the obligatory Pardew bedding in period where he refuses to play him even when he looks better than the players he starts. 

I wouldn't care myself an expert :lol:

But he has enough pace off the ball to make runs off defenders to be a threat, on the ball he isn't particularly quick no.

Its not that so much though; i just think we are desperate for a target who can hold the ball up, force defenders back, link play with those around him.

Obviously goals too, but all our targets can provide that so its not here nor there.

Assuming we got Remy, I'd rather Gomis come in than Bent. Probably wouldn't matter either way, but Gomis can give us something else  while Bent is practically the same as Cisse. Would be nice to have 3/4 attacking options all with their own styles.

People really don't have a problem with signing Remy? Even if you ignore the pending Rape Case (which should completely rule out this signing) this is still a guy who publicly turned us down for QPR only a few months ago. I'd rather have someone else.