NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I dont think doing long term business in January is the way to go anyway, the deals are just never there.......

January is for short term transfers to get clubs over the line in my view....

Just look at how many transfers in january are successes, very few.

I think Erding is one that is probably worth it, he has been scouted thoroughly, his club are happy to sell and the player himself seems to be getting itchy about the lack of games.

Also players out of contract are probably worth a look (Hoillett for one).

I dont think doing long term business in January is the way to go anyway, the deals are just never there.......

January is for short term transfers to get clubs over the line in my view....

Just look at how many transfers in january are successes, very few.

I think Erding is one that is probably worth it, he has been scouted thoroughly, his club are happy to sell and the player himself seems to be getting itchy about the lack of games.

Also players out of contract are probably worth a look (Hoillett for one).

Yh agree, if you scout someone over a period of time its ok, like we have with Hoilett and Erding but alot of January transfers are panacking which leads to flops....

In general tho, the best thing to do is to sort all your business out in the summer imo.

We are a top class LB/RB, CB, RW and striker away from matching most teams on "our day" IMO. Far behind on quality squad depth too.

Would be chuffed with a striker and fullback this window, could do with another CB too which is the most likely addition.

We are a top class LB/RB, CB, RW and striker away from matching most teams on "our day" IMO. Far behind on quality squad depth too.

Would be chuffed with a striker and fullback this window, could do with another CB too which is the most likely addition.

RW/Striker is either or for me depending on where HBA plays.

That Lewis Dunk guy we were linked with, hadn't heard of him at the time but apparently he's class.

20 years old and he is highly rated by the Brighton fans. Guess he fits the bill for us.....

Guest magpie99

From what I have read, Erdinc will end up at Lille.

We wont buy the left back from Lyon..................too expensive

I think we will eventually get Morrison in but that will be it.

Asdhley has already told Pardew he wont dip into his owmn pocket to sign players and I am pretty damn sure the majority of the latest shirt sponsorship money will have gone to paying Ashley's loan back and not on new players.

My main concern is will MU come in for Ba if they sell Berbatov to Munich?

Guest Roger Kint

Asdhley has already told Pardew he wont dip into his owmn pocket to sign players and I am pretty damn sure the majority of the latest shirt sponsorship money will have gone to paying Ashley's loan back and not on new players.

Why would he have to spend his own money. If only we made a sizable, as yet unused, profit about 12 months ago........

From what I have read, Erdinc will end up at Lille.

We wont buy the left back from Lyon..................too expensive

I think we will eventually get Morrison in but that will be it.

My main concern is will MU come in for Ba if they sell Berbatov to Munich?

Nah.

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has told fans not got overly excited when they see the club mentioned in relation to players like Eden Hazard.

Rumours swept Tyneside on Sunday that Hazard had been seen at Newcastle's training ground.

It transpires that the rumour led from a misunderstanding which arose from the fact Hazard had been due to watch the match as a guest of his former Lille team-mate Yohan Cabaye, but he could not make it as he had a game himself on Sunday.

And Pardew admits it is not fair on his fans to get linked to such players as they have a clear transfer plan at the club and intend to stick to it.

"It's unfair on our fans - they'll be looking up Hazard and people like that," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"The guy's worth about £36m - he ain't coming here.

"I'd love him to come here.

"If he was at the training ground, I'd rather have been there than at the game!

"He wasn't, and unfortunately I don't think he will be."

We've already shown that we can match most teams in this league "on our day" now.  If we signed a top class LB/RB, CB, RW and striker we'd be a match for anyone.