NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If that's true and Pardew is in France, that leads me to believe we are close to a signing. He only ever gets involved in transfers right near the end. If you remember, a day or so before we signed Remy he was in London telling a fan on Twitter he was speaking to a player.

?... No mention that AP is anywhere...

Mackem on RTG reckons Pardew was on a plane to Nice this morning.  ???

SSN just said we flew to France today for talks with Cabaye's representatives

why are we flying to them when they should be flying to us

That should be obvious.

Mackem on RTG reckons Pardew was on a plane to Nice this morning.  ???

SSN just said we flew to France today for talks with Cabaye's representatives

What a shambles (if true)..

Pourquoi?

Well, why fly to them rather than have them come to us if the player they represent has a problem? There is also the small matter of another match coming up in a few days and analysis of yesterday's shambles. I'd imagine Pardew could be doing more important things right now than travelling to the South of France to talk to some football agents.. May just be me though.. :dontknow:

From nufc.com:

Arrivals:

Movement

Less than two weeks before the transfer window closes - and boosted by an influx of funds from the expected sale of Yohan Cabaye - we understand that NUFC officials are currently overseas, concluding permanent deals to sign two players. More as we get it...   

From nufc.com:

Arrivals:

Movement

Less than two weeks before the transfer window closes - and boosted by an influx of funds from the expected sale of Yohan Cabaye - we understand that NUFC officials are currently overseas, concluding permanent deals to sign two players. More as we get it...   

Ahhh the old "trying to get deals over the line" trick! That pesky line!

Unfortunately NUFC.com dont seem to be very reliable these days.  It definitely makes more sense that we're there to sign players than to talk to Cabayes reps.  But I wont hold my breath on info from NUFC.com.

From nufc.com:

Arrivals:

Movement

Is bullshit .com, once when I was bored I emailed them pretending to be a stockbroker saying Ashley had just bought enough shares to force a mandatory purchase of the rest of the shares with some bullshit reasoning and made up graphs, luckily for them later that day he did but I'd just made it up, made them look like they had an exclusive way before all the other news sources.  I remember being on here in stitches cause you all changed the thread title at the time quoting .com.

From nufc.com:

Arrivals:

Movement

Is bullshit .com, once when I was bored I emailed them pretending to be a stockbroker saying Ashley had just bought enough shares to force a mandatory purchase of the rest of the shares with some bullshit reasoning and made up graphs, luckily for them later that day he did but I'd just made it up, made them look like they had an exclusive way before all the other news sources.  I remember being on here in stitches cause you all changed the thread title at the time quoting .com.

Proof? :lol: