NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

Are people really losing their marbles today over something that has been happening for the past 7 years? By now I know exactly what to expect from NUFC under Ashley in a transfer window. I'm still disappointed like, but I cannot muster any more anger or pretend to be surprised at his incompetence.

I still get angry as I care too much, understand where you're coming from though.

Are people really losing their marbles today over something that has been happening for the past 7 years? By now I know exactly what to expect from NUFC under Ashley in a transfer window. I'm still disappointed like, but I cannot muster any more anger or pretend to be surprised at his incompetence.

I still get angry as I care too much, understand where you're coming from though.

I find myself getting more frustrated these days about people defending his policies, than at his policies themselves. I've come to accept that we're just threading water until Ashley sells up. It is what it is.

David Craig basically just talking about Cabaye. As the voice of the club on these days, it's quite obvious they're going to try and spin keeping Cabaye as some kind of major victory. It's a load of shite. We're a club that are apparently in good financial shape and our main aim is making sure a big bad club don't come  in an knick our players. It's absolutely pathetic.

And as for the guy before who said the balance sheet is more important. It isn't, or the club would be trying to improve it. Our turnover is far lower than it should be. The aim seems to be keeping the club's ambitions as limited as possible so that we stay up and don't need to spend any money. No interest in marketing, big sponsorship deals or maximising income.

Guest Roger Kint

@lee_ryder: Sakho deal a good one for #lfc IMO . The player was an #nufc target before Joe Kinnear arrived on the scene

:lol:

Really starting to think that Joe is literally getting paid to take stick instead of Pardew :lol:

I think that's absolutely what it is. He comes in takes all the flak. Does anyone remember the days when anything NUFC wasn't some huge conspiracy? Ashley runs it like the f***ing mafia.

What flak? Outside of here and social media theres nowt really :lol:

What about the banner? The chanting? I'm not sure what else you think people can do? He doesn't go to the games as he'd get roundly abused.

He doesnt care about banners or chanting, he makes money either way

Guest Roger Kint

@lee_ryder: Sakho deal a good one for #lfc IMO . The player was an #nufc target before Joe Kinnear arrived on the scene

Really starting to think that Joe is literally getting paid to take stick instead of Pardew :lol:

To be fair neither are getting stick really :lol:

Morecambe was canny even the commentators were agreeing with the chants but at home theres nowt

Apart from the chants that were being sang were doing the rounds at the west ham game :thup:

Pardew sat down for the duration of the 'where's the signings Joe Kinnear' chant.

Although seeing as your making such a big deal about not going i wouldn't expect you to have noticed the chants.

Making such a big deal? Aye whatever :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

He's highly unlikely to ever make any money, but I know what you mean.

Aye sorry, meant money was coming in :thup:

Our main aim isn't keeping players it's staying the in PL doing the bare minimum whilst being able to start paying back Mike Ashley's loan.

True. They want us to believe the aim is to keep hold of our 'world class' players though, and they want us to accept it as a reasonable ambition.

Our main aim isn't keeping players it's staying the in PL doing the bare minimum whilst being able to start paying back Mike Ashley's loan.

True. They want us to believe the aim is to keep hold of our 'world class' players though, and they want us to accept it as a reasonable ambition.

Fair comment.

I think that's absolutely what it is. He comes in takes all the flak. Does anyone remember the days when anything NUFC wasn't some huge conspiracy? Ashley runs it like the f***ing mafia.

What about the banner? The chanting? I'm not sure what else you think people can do? He doesn't go to the games as he'd get roundly abused.

There were also some chants at the Fulham game although they didn't last for long.

Assuming Ashley does want his money back, I don't really understand is his lack of investment.  I realise that the tv money helps, but the business model he seems to be using is based mainly on buying players cheaply and selling them on.  Hard to do this if you don't actually buy anyone.

Assuming Ashley does want his money back, I don't really understand is his lack of investment.  I realise that the tv money helps, but the business model he seems to be using is based mainly on buying players cheaply and selling them on.  Hard to do this if you don't actually buy anyone.

Olivier Kemen.

I don't think selling players on is a big part of the business plan. We would have sold many more players if it was. Our only sales have been deals we couldn't turn down (Carroll) and people like Enrique who were inevitably going to go.

The 'sell on value' strategy is mainly to ensure that we don't invest in players who are worthless after a couple of seasons, I don't think it's specifically because we want to sell them.

I can see us getting bummed whenever we play any of the top 6 teams this season, as they've all strengthened so much. We'll be as predictable as ever.

We had a real chance last summer to try and at least stay close to the top 6, not challenge but hang around 7th and maybe surprise a few with the odd result.  Sadly that boat sailed and we are now miles off given the spending of Liverpool and Spurs in particular.  Not saying we could/would have competed with that but some ambition in 2012 could have made a huge difference.

Its plainly clear that under the current owner and structure we have limited to fuck all ambition (Pardew still here, JFK arriving, no investment), just lies to fuel the hope.  In reality huge disappointment and another lost opportunity.

Convinced nothing will happen so will check again tomorrow, no point wasting another day! Sad times.

Guest Roger Kint

Prob not, was just making the point though. He's the public face of hate.

He wont care though, getting paid for nowt and having a few songs slagging you off? I would do that job :lol: