Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He's very similar to Darren Bent or Owen of old, a poacher who works on the shoulder of the back four.

Although he works hard out wide, he doesn't have the vision or direct dribbling skills to remain out there. So long as he retains his pace, he will be a significant weapon in our team, through the middle.

Having Ba and Cisse is a nice problem but one that needs managed carefully. Ultimately, i can see Ba leaving and Cisse being a permenant fixture down the middle.

He reminded me of Ba in the latter part of last season to an extent on Monday night. He was trying too hard to score, basically; snatching at anything that came his way and making runs too early.

Still, unlike Ba his touch and general play was very tidy.

He reminded me of Ba in the latter part of last season to an extent on Monday night. He was trying too hard to score, basically; snatching at anything that came his way and making runs too early.

Yep. Rooney regularly goes on long spells of goal drought but he can afford to play his own game and just let the goals come because they've got goals from every single position on the pitch whereas if neither of our strikers score, we've basically got fuck all.

Cisse has always loved snap shots and early shots though, that's how he scores a lot of his goals.

I think it would be big mistake to leave him out now, if we build on our last two performances it's only a matter of time before he starts scoring.

I agree, and tbh we don't really have any player good enough to play there instead of him, apart from Marveaux who i'd like in the same position as against Wigan. Jonas on the bench.

Offside again for that chance he hit the post with.

Time to put him on the bench with 2 wingers playing off Ba and then replace Ba when he inevitable gets tired around 70mins

He looked on with the replay I saw, horrible finish anyway.

Offside again for that chance he hit the post with.

Time to put him on the bench with 2 wingers playing off Ba and then replace Ba when he inevitable gets tired around 70mins

Ronaldo clearly getting into people's heads :lol:

He looked f***ed today like.

I've only been saying it for 14 months, like. :lol:

Same old story, though.

Eh? Ba is the better striker. Cisse should be on the bench if we have to choose one guy to play up front with two wingers. He's not even getting close to balls when they're crossed at the moment, even when he was playing up in the second half. The guy is just out of confidence and it's costing us.

He's probably out of confidence because he's stuck on the wing. The man is a goal machine, wonder how Shearer or Ferdinand would have faired if they were stuck out wide. It's not like he has any of the qualities to play out there at all.

Imagine if you scored 12 in 13 then got told "actually your going on wing for a bit, our other striker wants to be the main man" I'd be furious.