Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

He came alive as soon as we had lots of movement and support.

What a f*cking shock.

Might have come as one to Pardew, hope he noticed like. :lol:

the guy is a support striker, he's not had anyone really decent alongside him for a while now, therefore he's not scoring

remy will hopefully prove a worthy partner....we still need a player like Gomis in though, someone strong that gets in amongst defenders, so papiss can finish off the loose balls

I thought he was better and the service was improved, even in the first half. He was unlucky with that header. I think Remy could be good foil for him, he's a player who has good movement but is also comfortable on the ball and happy to drop deep to link play (with success).

Thought he looked a little better today than lately, even before Remy was introduced. Worked the channels at last. His control let him down a few times, but he is edging closer to form, and ditching Shola for Remy will help him no end.

:thup:

the guy is a support striker, he's not had anyone really decent alongside him for a while now, therefore he's not scoring

remy will hopefully prove a worthy partner....we still need a player like Gomis in though, someone strong that gets in amongst defenders, so papiss can finish off the loose balls

in germany he was the point playing off defenders shoulders but like all forwards they can't do it if they get no support even just to drag a defender away.

It must be fun being College Dropout -- anyone can take up any position and no matter what happens you can look at the negatives and feel smug that you were right. So, well, you're always right. If Cisse had scored today, even two goals, I get the feeling he'd still be complaining. Wish there was a mute button each time he opens his mouth on Cisse. Nothing personal, CD. You're a normal guy when it comes to everything else on the forum :lol: And I do generally value your input on other things.

Thought Cisse played a lot better yesterday, it's not just about service, it's only half of the problem/argument it's the application of the player in all areas and its been poor. Yesterday it was back and the players are more likely to trust and pass to him when he's in that mood.

It must be fun being College Dropout -- anyone can take up any position and no matter what happens you can look at the negatives and feel smug that you were right. So, well, you're always right. If Cisse had scored today, even two goals, I get the feeling he'd still be complaining. Wish there was a mute button each time he opens his mouth on Cisse. Nothing personal, CD. You're a normal guy when it comes to everything else on the forum :lol: And I do generally value your input on other things.

Give over. His concerns regarding Cisse's limitations are very valid and have been from the moment he, and a few others, started voicing them. There's no right or wrong or smugness, we all lose unless he refinds his early form. As I said yesterday, I thought he looked better yesterday than he has for a while, but as a striker he should be judged on goals, and we have 1 in 3 as a team, of which he has none.

Give over. His concerns regarding Cisse's limitations are very valid and have been from the moment he, and a few others, started voicing them. There's no right or wrong or smugness, we all lose unless he refinds his early form. As I said yesterday, I thought he looked better yesterday than he has for a while, but as a striker he should be judged on goals, and we have 1 in 3 as a team, of which he has none.

:thup:

I've always defended Cisse because I've felt there's been a lack of service and he's put the effort in. However, his start to the season has been abysmal in every part of the game. His first touch is off, his movement is off, his passing is off, his shooting is off.  I really hope and do think Remy will benefit him the most.

Its a strange one with Cisse, play him wider rather than central and he suffers, play him central or as part of a front two and he seems to suffer.

I am convinced central in a front three is the only way he will be anywhere near decent, he needs the other two players to occupy the defenders. He used to have much better movement and timing than he is showing now.

Debu----MYM-------Colo-------Sant

---Cabs------Moussa-------Anita

----Benny----Cisse-----Remy

• 2 weeks later...