Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

His hold up play was abysmal.

Neither Ba or Cissé are good at holding the ball up. Shola is the only striker we've got who can hold it up. It's very frustrating when Krul kicks it long for Ba and Cissé as it invariably comes straight back at us.

Aye, we do lack a player to hold it up, although i thought Ba did a bit better today.

His poor form is exacerbated by the lack of movement around him. Feel for him because he's just not getting anything like decent service. It's frustrating because Ba is so much better at the wide left role, Cisse just isn't as good a footballer.

Not his best today but a tough reintroduction to PL. Expect more next week.

I'd fucking hate to be a striker playing for us at the moment.

I know what you mean, but he wasn't completely void of chances today. That shot on the turn was absolutely tragic.

I know what you mean, but he wasn't completely void of chances today. That shot on the turn was absolutely tragic.

He was facing away from goal, very few players would have even got that anywhere near the goal and that was his best chance.

He had time to turn. He was rubbish today; i know the service isn't good and his chances are limited - but his touch was poor and passing was barely accurate. I'm not talking about hold-up play, i'm talking about fundamental abilities you'd expect from a top striker. He's earned some patience and we haven't played to his strengths, but the guy needs to start getting his act together now tbh.

He shouldn't be asked to do that job, to be honest.

Spot on.

Give him service and he will score. As simple as that.

I do agree with this, I really do - but it was more than hold up play: he struggled to trap the ball, he ran offside like it was the early 1920s and just wasn't contributing effectively to keeping possession of the ball.

Really need a quality striker that can hold the ball up in Jan to see the best out of Ba or Cisse.

January please

Striker

Strong, Tall, Mobile Box to box midfielder

Right Back and Centre Half can wait until next season.

Last season, he ludicrously managed to nigh on score with every chance he got.

Service to him was poor today, but he needs to show a bit more. His strength is minimal with his back to goal.

Last season, he ludicrously managed to nigh on score with every chance he got.

Service to him was poor today, but he needs to show a bit more. His strength is minimal with his back to goal.

That's because he's not a target man.

He shouldn't be asked to do that job, to be honest.

This. He's not that type of player. The main problem is we aren't creating enough chances for him. I f we want someone to hold the ball up then Shola's the only option, unfortunately.