Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Pards would probably love to sell Cisse and bring in Carroll who will suit his style much better. We are at a crossroads this season. If Pardew continues with his narrow, antiquated approach we are going to lose quality players to be replaced by Allardyce type signings. That would probably already have happened if it wasn't for us buying on Carr's advice which seems to go against the sort of players that Pardew prefers.

I particularly like the bit that states he should be able to adapt to any system because we paid 10 million pounds for him

I wouldn't go along with that. You can make a very good player look ordinary if you give him the wrong role.

The crucial point came when Ba made it clear that he wanted to be played centrally and Pardew, in public, gave him a guarantee that's where he'd be 90% of the time. If I were Cisse, I'd be mighty pissed off with that.

Maybe Pardew decided that it was easier to upset Cisse rather than Ba, who was willing and able to go to another club. Either that, or he rates Ba more highly than Cisse and is prepared to sacrifice Cisse if necessary.

Actually, the most likely picture is that he thought he could use his charm to keep them both happy. Unfortunately, that would never be more than a temporary fix.

Either way, no-one should be surprised that Cisse is now looking out of sorts.

I think that's a lot of guess work there, simply assuming Pardew would buy more limited players to cast a negative against him.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone to mention Hayden Mullins.

That someone being yourself?

I particularly like the bit that states he should be able to adapt to any system because we paid 10 million pounds for him

I wouldn't go along with that. You can make a very good player look ordinary if you give him the wrong role.

Either way, no-one should be surprised that Cisse is now looking out of sorts.

Yeah, I don't really like that bit, I think it's mental.

I think that's a lot of guess work there, simply assuming Pardew would buy more limited players to cast a negative against him.

It might be guesswork, but you can only go by what you see. Pardew hauls of Cisse to play Shola. He was keen on bringing back Carroll which I believe he admitted himself. His team has mostly played direct football, which the stats have now borne out. It doesn't take a genius to see that the likes of Cisse might well end up the ones out the door, and other players who don't adapt well to the style of football we have been producing.

Cisse should be the future, this is the type of player who would take us forward if we used him properly.

Ah right, the FIFA 5 day rule should be invoked on a meaningless friendly versus Niger. Seriously, international football can f*** right off sometimes.

I'll say it again. B/C it really doesn't make any sense. Its a friendly match, not a competitive match. Its being reported he decided to stay back because of his back problem too.