Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Fwiw, Benteke is up there amongst the best strikers in the league IMO, still don't think I'd have him over Cisse though.

Too soon rating players like that based on this season.... at the end of last season Cisse was considered one of the best strikers in the league because of his ridiculous run.

I'd like to see how they perform over a couple of seasons before rating them properly, same goes for Michu.

Michu a better 'striker' than Cisse? In what respect?

I obviously put I'm aware of him not being a striker. Byt since you asked, Michu is a much more technical player than Cisse, and he has also scored more this season.

But having Cisse over Tevez is absolute mental. Tevez is one of the world's best players. I'd have Tevez over Cisse 10 times of the week and I love Cisse. FWIW, this discussion still proves that Unbelievable underrates Cisse a lot.

I obviously put I'm aware of him not being a striker. Byt since you asked, Michu is a much more technical player than Cisse, and he has also scored more this season.

But having Cisse over Tevez is absolute mental. Tevez is one of the world's best players. I'd have Tevez over Cisse 10 times of the week and I love Cisse. FWIW, this discussion still proves that Unbelievable underrates Cisse a lot.

I agree Tevez is better but I wouldn't swap them for anything tbh.

Feel sorry for the lad. What more can he do. 2 offside goals this season have been clear onside, another was on the line and another two that I can remember were matter of seconds of moving back.

Feel sorry for the lad. What more can he do. 2 offside goals this season have been clear onside, another was on the line and another two that I can remember were matter of seconds of moving back.

Maybe we should stop him beating the back line because the officials are too fucking shit to keep up?

You're discussing whether Cisse is better than Tevez or not and this serves to illustrate how I underrate Cisse..? :lol:

Guest Geordie Boyo

The ref has tiote's card marked before the game kicks off just as the linesman has cisse's. problem is they've both earned that happening.

Lacks positional sense to stay onside enough and composure to take enough of his chances to be our only striker in the starting XI, need another striker option in the summer who we can swap when he is off form.

Said from the start but don't think he will be the consistent 15-20 league goal striker we need to progress but would keep him as an option from the bench.

Getting very frustrated by him. Should have buried at least 2 chances today, not counting the one that was 'offside'.

None of those chances were nailed on goals, they were snapshots which were saved. One was too close to the keeper, the other was a ball delivered behind him, it actually took real skill to turn either into a half chance.

Then on top of that he scored as well. But some people just don't know football very well.

Should have taken one of them.

He's scored in his last five home games, we can't just keep saying "oh Cisse should have scored, cost us there", it's not realistic to expect him to be putting that many chances away. Maybe we'd be getting clearer chances if he wasn't consistently the only one in the area.

Getting very frustrated by him. Should have buried at least 2 chances today, not counting the one that was 'offside'.

The man is feeding off scraps.  Considering what he's had to work with I think he's been immense lately.  Lets not forget his goal should have counted today.