Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I can't decide right now, sticking with him is all good and he is getting more chances, but I wouldn't be against giving him a couple of games out of the team to regroup. Depends on his mindset I suppose.

The only person who will have inside knowledge of his mindset is Pardew, so you would imagine it can't be that bad as he's still picking him. I do get the feeling that it's because he carries a greater threat for goals than Gouffran. Also he will take into account those things that people on here are not really acknowledging such as his movement which occupies the central defenders and creates space for others. It's not great tbf, but does Pardew really have a better alternative?

Guest reefatoon

We need this Cisse to show up at the weekend, what a goal!

http://www.fotoshack.us/fotos/16056Goal.jpg

Not going to make that mistake twice! 

Guest firetotheworks

We scored some fucking ridiculous goals that season like. Absolute joke goals man. :lol:

Aye eh, I'll just get the ball on the half way line, take on everyone and score...twice.

Cisse just reinventing the laws of physics with a few of his goals as well.

I know it's a bit more rose-tinted in our minds than it actually was, but it was still class. Especially January onwards.

Best way to change things around would be to go Gouffran-Remy-Hatem. Rémy through the middle seems more potent than Gouff who's always looked decent as a wing-forward.

Not a chance. Gouffran doesn't do the things that Remy does out wide. He's always looked better through the middle to me.

Thing is, Cisse is a sublime finisher on his day but truly awful with the ball at his feet. Look at the goals he scored when he first arrived. No dribbles or taking men on, just being the right man at the right time. He can be that again with Ben Arfa and Remy supplying chances for him and doing the fancy footwork. Give him a chance against Hull. If he doesn't score he doesn't deserve to be in the team. Simple as that.

I think the setup is suited to a Cisse type, because the players around and behind him carry the ball forward a fair bit and close up the space. Remy and Gouff would be better on the counter attack but maybe not as good when we're on top. Give him Hull and hope he puts a couple away IMO.

Best way to change things around would be to go Gouffran-Remy-Hatem. Rémy through the middle seems more potent than Gouff who's always looked decent as a wing-forward.

Not a chance. Gouffran doesn't do the things that Remy does out wide. He's always looked better through the middle to me.

Completely agree... Remy has the dribbling ability and pace to really effect a game out wide as well which Gouffran lacks or if he doesn't lack it he at least doesn't have the same confidence in his ability that Remy does.

If we can help it then Remy should stay right where he is, mainly due to how little threat we have in wide areas.

Pardew sticking by Cisse for now but admits the pressure will be on if he doesn't score "in the next couple of games". No argument with that, I like Cisse but his goals return has been poor this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2426565/Alan-Pardew-wont-abandon-striker-Papiss-Cisse.html

Well if he keeps picking him, he's bound to score eventually. Then many of his supporters will say isn't it great we persisted with him, he's proved the doubters wrong.

That's the trouble with the thinking that develops around so-called 'goalscorers'. The purpose of the team is to win matches, not to get one particular player scoring.

We're just clearly not creating chances for him, and when he has had chances he's made some baffling decisions/snatched at shots...the quality is all there though, we know that. Hopefully this 4-3-3 will see the best of him again.

This pothead needs to put the pipe down and score a goal or two. Nothing against potheads, but if he's high all the time it'll dull his reactions and ability to think which isn't great for us, and being high would explain why he's playing like a complete fairy at the moment, tries ridiculous layoffs/passes, and is constantly 5 yards offside whenever a ball is kicked - the guy doesn't know what's going on around him.

If we can get him scoring again we'll be laughing all the way to a top half finish if Pardew sticks with the attacking trio for as long as they're fit (and with Gouffran waiting on the bench). As bad as Cisse has been, as frustratingly weak and pathetic in general play as he's been, he's still someone with natural shooting ability/technique that could easily have him bagging a goal a game again if he just gets his s*** together. Even last year there were flashes of the 11/12 Cisse. Unfortunately for him he clearly doesn't have much time to turn things around (and rightly so).